• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: MurphX2100

MurphX2100
9 years ago#1
Why do they constantly come out with these hunting games? How many times can you shoot a deer? It's played out, just give it a rest!

User Info: RAMFCSNIPER

RAMFCSNIPER
9 years ago#2

you know i think you actually convinced them man! do you feel a sense of pride that you FINALLY got that off your chest. does the world not look so dark since you vented and told them to Give it a rest. you made a convincing argument it was very in depth and made lots of valid points. roflmao. i bet you were the only one standing in the protest line for this game. sadly you wasted your daily quota for stringing together a sentence on this one buddy.

User Info: alaindc

alaindc
9 years ago#3
TC, about your point...
you can say the same about many games!
how many millions buy madden's football game each year?
to play mostly the same game with minor adjustment, and roster update?
or other sport games?
or most FPS (unless you play it for the story).

it's simple, business is all about the money.
if they think they can make money, they will make others games.
The mind is like a parachute... It only works when it is open!!
record de neige à Québec en 2008, je m'en serais bien passé

MurphX2100
9 years ago#4
That's just it, they're not making any money off of these games. These are rentals at best. What kind of shmuck would dish out any kind of currency for this garbage?

User Info: Sundive101

Sundive101
9 years ago#5
Again. Same argument can be made about any FPS, RTS, RPG.

Halo and CoD are rentals at best. Fallout can be lumped in to a rental. Bioshock is definately a rental (and a half hour later return). Fable 2 is a rental. Shall we continue to compile a list?
It functions flawlessly. Like a Mac. - mike1123

MurphX2100
9 years ago#6
I disagree. Those game you mentioned each have their own specific characteristics. Every Cabela game is 1. Pick a weapon of your choosing and 2. Slaughter a harmless defenseless animal. How can they continually recycle the same thing in a game year after year after year? It makes no sense, anybody who thinks otherwise is insane.

User Info: Bezurk_PMC

Bezurk_PMC
9 years ago#7
That's just it, they're not making any money off of these games. These are rentals at best. What kind of shmuck would dish out any kind of currency for this garbage?

I live in Missouri, all these stupid rednecks buy it. I just play for laughs. I hunt with a pistol from the hip.
GT:ANTSx0FxTHExSKY
Make a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

User Info: jonzilla_basic

jonzilla_basic
9 years ago#8

murphdrag posted...
I disagree. Those game you mentioned each have their own specific characteristics. Every Cabela game is 1. Pick a weapon of your choosing and 2. Slaughter a harmless defenseless animal. How can they continually recycle the same thing in a game year after year after year? It makes no sense, anybody who thinks otherwise is insane.

Your true complaint is now open. You are anti hunting which is fine. These poor defenseless animals are not real. Do you know how many rednecks there are that have purchased this game???? That is why they keep making these games. They are the same as the sports games that come out every year. This is their sport and no doubt they are lined up atWal-marts door to purchase these games. If the company wasn't making any money they wouldn't make them any more.

MurphX2100
9 years ago#9
No I'm not anti hunting, I'm pointing out the fact that there's no challenge involved. The animals don't pull out rifles and shoot back at you. They're harmless. I don't buy the jive that rednecks purchase these games either, nobody does. Nobody's making any money off these games whatsoever, just let it go.

User Info: misha2006

misha2006
9 years ago#10

Not all cabela's games are like that. Try Dangerous Hunt and the animals will hunt you and eventually kill you... in this case, on the other hand, you're right.

• Topic Archived