• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Samurai Shodown Sen
  3. Wow Ripoff!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info: AlexMercer238

AlexMercer238
9 years ago#1

I saw chareacters like Ryu Hasabusa, Afro Samurai, the guy with the long hair ninja Muramasa form SC IV. THis company who is making this game dont have trade mark rights to use or have chgaracters who look exactly like them. I think Tecmo, Samuel L. Jackson, and SC IV devs are going to sue the people of this game. Wow devs would go that low to have those 3 people in the game. Also forgot Dragonball Z character Goku. Man (I hope they sue.

User Info: Corrupted_Wolf

Corrupted_Wolf
9 years ago#2
You're kidding right?

Samurai Showdown has been around since the 1993... much earlier than SC. This game had all these characters for awhile. Afro Samurai is also a popular cultural myth that's been around for centuries in japan. Afro Samurai has been portrayed ages before, hundreds times before, and couple of times more memorable than Sam Jackson's portrayal of Afro Samurai in the anime.

You should probably give benefit of doubt for other people's integrity and intelligence.

User Info: Dragorro

Dragorro
9 years ago#3
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

User Info: I_am_Kairace

I_am_Kairace
9 years ago#4

lol

"Ryu Hasabusa"

lolol

User Info: armydominican69

armydominican69
9 years ago#5

AlexMercer238 posted...

I saw chareacters like Ryu Hasabusa, Afro Samurai, the guy with the long hair ninja Muramasa form SC IV. THis company who is making this game dont have trade mark rights to use or have chgaracters who look exactly like them. I think Tecmo, Samuel L. Jackson, and SC IV devs are going to sue the people of this game. Wow devs would go that low to have those 3 people in the game. Also forgot Dragonball Z character Goku. Man (I hope they sue.

Its obvious you've never played samurai showdown, its been out for a VERY long time, i remember playing my first one back during the sega genesis, so NO there is no Rip-off's here, most of these characthers have been in since the first few games that emerged

Lol, do your research for crying out loud

User Info: homer2001

homer2001
9 years ago#6
LOL that is awesome

User Info: AngelCage-2

AngelCage-2
9 years ago#7

Kid, you really messed up. The design of the new "Ryu Hasabusa" (as you called him :lol: ) from xbox/360/ps3 games is more or less similar (and i could say that have some inspiration from) to the original design of Hanzo and Galford from Samurai Shodown. In any case... the ripoff is from Tecmo, cause that design is original from SNK since the first SS... Is not a mirror match anyway.

Afro Samurai? :P Wrong again.

Just google a little time. Samurai Shodow, the characters and the same graphical style (now in 3d) is a lot older than NG, or... Afro samurai or even Soul Edge/Soul Calibur. (Ryu design in the original NES NG games was just another ninja... a badass one, but nothing special -design wise-)

Fission Mailed my friend.

User Info: jonluke93

jonluke93
9 years ago#8

Wow idiot Samurai Showdown has been around longer than all of those, man you don't know anything

User Info: 666_Laventine

666_Laventine
9 years ago#9

...................... ROTFL!!!!!! I'm just gonna pull the draw string here on my Human Torch Doll here. Bet ya know what he says, "FLAME ON!!!!"

User Info: WolfIsLoose

WolfIsLoose
9 years ago#10

Cmon guys don't feed the troll :P

1. Boards
  2. Samurai Shodown Sen
  3. Wow Ripoff!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Topic Archived