• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Xade

Xade
3 months ago#1
Hi fellow gamers!

I am absolutely not a fan of this game, so I try to rush a 100% save file. Or rather 2, as there is a Hero mode too. I've just beaten the tentacle boss and I am getting toward the later parts of the game. I also started collecting various things. However, a few things got me confused and I wonder if someone could give me some help.

1. The bugs. I know I should make a hero mode file before I start "spending" the bugs, but I simply wonder, since I got some OCD, is there a max cap of bugs? 99 of each? More? I've read somewhere that you can also sell the bugs? If so, where?
2. Speaking of the bugs, their only useage is to upgrade the potions, right? BUT, are these upgrades permanent? Lets say that Potion X cost Bug 1 and Bug 2 to make, do I have to bring Bug 1 and Bug 2 EVERY time I want Potion X, or do I bring the bugs ONCE and then I can buy Potion X anytime I want?
3. The treasures, same question here, is there a cap for the amount of each you can get, like 99? Or can you sell these as well? If so, where?
4. About the things I have in my adventure pouch. Can you max out the number of quivers, bomb bags etc, or can you get unlimited from the shop? Like, can I buy ALL the bomb bags or will he just keep selling? Also, I bought the last one from Beedle for 1200 rupees, but it feels I miss 1 slot in my pouch, is there another source for slots other than Beedle?

Thank you very much in advance for the help :)

User Info: Scraps

Scraps
3 months ago#2
1.) You can hold up to 99 of each type of bug. I know this because I reached the cap by capturing angry Deku Hornets. You can sell bugs by speaking to Stritch in his dorm at the Knight Academy each evening. He will only buy three specific kinds of bugs on a given night, though.

2.) Each potion upgrade only applies to that particular potion. If you buy a potion, upgrade it, drink it, and than buy another one, you will indeed have to go back and upgrade it again in order to improve its effects.

3.) I don’t think I’ve ever collected that many of any treasure, but the likeliest answer is that they have the same cap that bugs do, at 99 of each. And you can sell them by visiting Rupin, who runs the gear shop, at his home at night. Like Stritch, he decides which three he’ll buy from you each night.

4.) Since you’re able to sell your quiver, seed satchel, and bomb bag upgrades at the item check, the game will never stop featuring them for sale at the shop, considering it would be possible to permanently lose them otherwise. And you can carry as many of each bag as you can fit in your Adventure Pouch.

Your Adventure Pouch should have 8 slots for items, forming a complete circle. You start out with four and get the other four from upgrades, which you can purchase from Beedle and find inside Goddess Chests.
Peace and crackers!

User Info: Xade

Xade
3 months ago#3
Scraps posted...
1.) You can hold up to 99 of each type of bug. I know this because I reached the cap by capturing angry Deku Hornets. You can sell bugs by speaking to Stritch in his dorm at the Knight Academy each evening. He will only buy three specific kinds of bugs on a given night, though.

2.) Each potion upgrade only applies to that particular potion. If you buy a potion, upgrade it, drink it, and than buy another one, you will indeed have to go back and upgrade it again in order to improve its effects.

3.) I don’t think I’ve ever collected that many of any treasure, but the likeliest answer is that they have the same cap that bugs do, at 99 of each. And you can sell them by visiting Rupin, who runs the gear shop, at his home at night. Like Stritch, he decides which three he’ll buy from you each night.

4.) Since you’re able to sell your quiver, seed satchel, and bomb bag upgrades at the item check, the game will never stop featuring them for sale at the shop, considering it would be possible to permanently lose them otherwise. And you can carry as many of each bag as you can fit in your Adventure Pouch.

Your Adventure Pouch should have 8 slots for items, forming a complete circle. You start out with four and get the other four from upgrades, which you can purchase from Beedle and find inside Goddess Chests.

Thank you very much for the help!

Now I just need a way to efficiently farm 99 of each bug/treasure :P

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
3 weeks ago#4
@Xade What’s your progress here ❔❓
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A