You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  3. I keep coming back to this game...

User Info: Crazy4Metroid

Crazy4Metroid
1 month ago#1
...and I don't know why!

Skyward Sword has never been one of my favorite Zelda games, let alone one of my favorite games in general. My opinion of the game has varied from outright hating it (with a passion too) to simply not being very fond of it.

The cell shaded art style has become something I can live with despite preferring CG style graphics. The motion control combat style has also become something I can handle. It takes some getting used too, but I am finding it manageable. The stamina gage has also become something I have learned to accept.

What has stopped me in the past is the second silent realm, the one in Lanayru desert. That one has so far been impossible for me to complete. I refuse to give up, but all those watchers clustered near the tear in the far southern tip of the place have so far been impossible to sneak past.

I am well aware of the path the game gives the player to and from that tear, the one marked by light fruit. So far I have only attempted to follow that path once with no success. However, at the time it was during what was the sixth or seven attempt at finishing that place in a row, I suspect I was too emotionally exhausted with the game.

Currently I am too early in the game to see if I can do it. In my current save, I have just gotten the slingshot. It might be a week or more before I get to the Lanayru Silent Realm again.
Ever had roasted Space Pirate? It tastes just like chicken! :D
(message deleted)

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
1 month ago#3
@Crazy4Metroid Any updates to share?

Crazy4Metroid
1 month ago#4
I didn't think that there was that much interest in my progress through the game. Currently, I am about to venture into the Lanayru mining facility. I've raised the facility from below the desert sand, but have opted to wait a bit before venturing in there.

At the moment I am working on upgrading some of my stuff. I have fully upgraded my wooden shield to it's third and highest level. I also took the time to fully upgrade my iron shield too, although I didn't need to yet. I plan to upgrade my potions and collect some insects before venturing into the Lanayru mining facility.

User Info: Guivre

Guivre
1 month ago#5
I am pretty sure I know the area you are referring to. If I am correct the trick is to not avoid the floating alarm ghost things, just run right through straight to the tear so that you get to the tear before any Guardians can attack you. After you do that turn back around and look for a tear near the mass of floating alarm ghosts then run straight through to that tear again so you get to the tear before the Guardians can attack you. As far as I can tell there is no way to avoid those alarm ghosts, but if you're quick and know right where you're going it should not matter. If you are still having difficulty I suggest you go through one or more times collecting every single tear you can see so that when you start over you have all the tear locations already marked on your map.

Crazy4Metroid
4 weeks ago#6
I finally conquered the bane of my Zelda existence! I just completed the Lanayru silent realm less than an hour ago. I can finally move past that milestone and put it behind me.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  3. I keep coming back to this game...