• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  3. Is Wii Motion Plus ABSOLUTELY required?

User Info: weapon_d00d816

weapon_d00d816
6 years ago#1
I got this game for Christmas because it was really the only thing that would make me dust off my Wii for once, and because I needed a good 40 hour campaign. However, it says Wii Motion Plus is required. Does that mean that it is absolutely impossible to play the game without it? If so, I'm just going to return it because it's not worth it if I have to dish out another $30-ish.
p + w > 9000, where p is the power level and w is what the scouter said about it.

User Info: CatMuto

CatMuto
6 years ago#2
Yes Motion Plus is necessary to play Skyward Sword.
And Motion Plus Accessories don't cost that much these days....

Seriously, that's a stupid reason to not play a game.

C-A
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!

User Info: weapon_d00d816

weapon_d00d816
6 years ago#3
Well, I'm not really that interested in it. I got a lot of other games for Christmas that I'd rather be playing and having to dish out more money for something I'm kind of "meh" about isn't worth it.
p + w > 9000, where p is the power level and w is what the scouter said about it.

User Info: CatMuto

CatMuto
6 years ago#4
If you have a friend who has the accessory, you can ask to borrow it and try SS out at some point - you might find that you enjoy the game.

C-A
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!

User Info: unnamedFer

unnamedFer
6 years ago#5
CatMuto posted...
Yes Motion Plus is necessary to play Skyward Sword.
And Motion Plus Accessories don't cost that much these days....

Seriously, that's a stupid reason to not play a game.

C-A

depends what country you live in...

My wiimote plus costs as much as the game itself. both the game and the wiimote summed up to 162 dollars...
http://killer7.6.forumer.com/

User Info: AutumnQueen

AutumnQueen
6 years ago#6
If you want to buy the Wii-U, it comes with Motion+ already in the controllers. Maybe an investment you can make later when Wii-U games become more mainstream? Just a thought.

User Info: Souretsu

Souretsu
6 years ago#7
I got this game for Christmas because it was really the only thing that would make me dust off my Wii for once, and because I needed a good 40 hour campai

That's about as far as I got before losing all interest in your post. At first I was going to tell you that it's not that expensive and that the game is really good, if imperfect. But then you go and call a singleplayer game's story a "campaign."
Computers are a lot like air conditioners. Everything works fine, until you open up Windows. (437 laughs)
MH Tri Hunter ID: 2EJVP8

User Info: pokemega32

pokemega32
6 years ago#8
weapon_d00d816 posted...
I got this game for Christmas because it was really the only thing that would make me dust off my Wii for once, and because I needed a good 40 hour campaign.

I got a lot of other games for Christmas that I'd rather be playing and having to dish out more money for something I'm kind of "meh" about isn't worth it.

Kind of inconsistent.
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.

User Info: nmnm100

nmnm100
6 years ago#9
Seriously dude?
Just go to ebay, find a used motion+ add on, and stop complaining.

The box clearly says you have to have it, the advertisements for the game clearly say "control the sword with wii motion plus!"

I really hate people that won't give a game a chance just because they don't like motion controls. Why do you even have a wii then?

The only game that actually works well with real motion controls is Skyward Sword, literally everything else is a waggle fest on the console. So, if you're worried about motion controls, don't even equate Skyward Sword to any other Wii game. Motion+ is totally worth the investment, and is a million times better than the wii remote alone.
I don't get A's, I get S's!

User Info: Souretsu

Souretsu
6 years ago#10
Seriously dude?
Just go to ebay, find a used motion+ add on, and stop complaining.

The box clearly says you have to have it, the advertisements for the game clearly say "control the sword with wii motion plus!"

I really hate people that won't give a game a chance just because they don't like motion controls. Why do you even have a wii then?

The only game that actually works well with real motion controls is Skyward Sword, literally everything else is a waggle fest on the console. So, if you're worried about motion controls, don't even equate Skyward Sword to any other Wii game. Motion+ is totally worth the investment, and is a million times better than the wii remote alone.

Actually, I'd say Red Steel 2 did a well enough job with WM+.

Also, it's worth mentioning that if you ever get a Wii U, many games for it will continue to use Wiimotes, and of those, the majority will probably use WM+.
Computers are a lot like air conditioners. Everything works fine, until you open up Windows. (437 laughs)
MH Tri Hunter ID: 2EJVP8
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  3. Is Wii Motion Plus ABSOLUTELY required?
  • Topic Archived