• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
  3. Vocaloid Usage Tutorial V1.01

User Info: Shake_Like_E

Shake_Like_E
10 years ago#1
The first thing you need to know about editing Vocaloid Data is that you must have a PSN account to access the Extras/Network section of the game. This is important because you must use this menu to process the Vocaloid Data into a format the game can Recognize. You can also go directly to the Extras/Network section to do your editing so you can save some steps when creating your Vocaloid Data.

From the Main Menu or the Extras/Network section go to Vocaloid/NetVocaloid, then chose Vocaloid Editor. Chose Edit Metal Gear ZEKE Songs and either chose new or load(Only if you saved something already.) In that section at the bottom is the text ZEKE will say(Third selectable area. Its default is a bunch of "a"s. Press X to enter the editor, for the Default song there are 10 bars(Not sure if thats the correct word, it might be Verses.) Press X to begin editing your song.

You have 2 choices here, either text or Phoneme input. The phoneme input pronounces the sounds you select and is very usefull if you want to change the way certain words are pronounced. When Using the Phoneme input you have 2 sections, Vowels and Constanants and each has quite a few choices. The red letters in the words are what the Phoneme will pronounce.. The text input is simple, Zeke will sing what ever you type. In the only song available there are 10 Bars available for text with 60 characters(including spaces) per bar. It takes some playing around to get it to sound correct.

Bar 5 and 10 are pauses in the song(bar 10 is the final bar) and cant have any lyrics. After you have placed your text the way you want it, press Circle to return to the the previous screen. Press Square to bring up the Save/Delete Dialog and save it. If you are in the NetVocaloid area, that means you are already connected to PSN and can chose Upload Vocaloid data. You will be given a choice of what to upload so chose ZEKE Songs and upload the Save you just created. Now you have to wait about a Minute then chose Download to download your converted data. Go to Mock Zeke battle and enjoy.

In the Metal Gear ZEKE Voice Editing menu things work slightly different. In this menu the Subtitle will be text displayed on the screen when the line is spoken. The Author is you, so put what ever you like here for your name as the creator of your masterpiece. The Voice is what is actually spoken by ZEKE, you can use the Phoneme input as well as Standard(Text) Input. The Tempo controls how fast ZEKE will speak the text, you can preview the speed by pressing Triangle while selecting the Tempo but not the actual text. If you press Square you enter a menu that you can Edit the Pitch or Save/Delete/Help(not really helpful.) The Edit Pitch mernu allows you to change the tones the Voice uses when it says what ever you told it to say. After processing it through the online server you can assign them to certain actions ZEKE takes throughout a battle like Jumping or using the Rail Gun. The bottom Bar is for chainging the Tone of the voice and you can preview it by pressing Triangle. You dont get to preview what your text will sound like, you will have to process it to hear it but you can get an idea of what it will sound like. You can put what ever text you want but there are prohibited words that arent allowed, it will tell you and aoutomatically change these words into nonsense or you can go back and change them yourself. Enjoy using the Vocaloid.

I am reposting this, hopefully better formatted and please request sticky. I will update this periodically when I obtain new information.
WC2010 FC 1291 1684 6591 Name: Maniak
I have had enough of your Disingenuous Assertions

User Info: J_S_GR5

J_S_GR5
10 years ago#2
Mind if I add this to my future-sticky if it doesn't get stickied?
Kicking is the only correct way in the world of MHFU.
"Do you see this, Zero? We are victorious! Behold! Guns of the Patriots!" - Liquid Ocelot

Shake_Like_E
10 years ago#3
I hope it does get stickied, it contains all my knowledge about using the Vocaloid so far. If it doesn't get stickied you can use it.

User Info: Dante_so_Sparda

Dante_so_Sparda
10 years ago#4
Can you break them down into more para's? I can't read the wall of text (not trying to be sarcastic, I really do have pretty bad eyesight.)
I'm Singaporean, So If anyone want to Ad hoc, These are some games
MGS:PW, PS:P, GE. GE maybe late, wait for the US release.

Shake_Like_E
10 years ago#5
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

Shake_Like_E
10 years ago#6
In the Metal Gear ZEKE Voice Editing menu things work slightly different. In this menu the Subtitle will be text displayed on the screen when the line is spoken. The Author is you, so put what ever you like here for your name as the creator of your masterpiece. The Voice is what is actually spoken by ZEKE, you can use the Phoneme input as well as Standard(Text) Input. The Tempo controls how fast ZEKE will speak the text, you can preview the speed by pressing Triangle while selecting the Tempo but not the actual text. If you press Square you enter a menu that you can Edit the Pitch or Save/Delete/Help(not really helpful.)

The Edit Pitch mernu allows you to change the tones the Voice uses when it says what ever you told it to say. After processing it through the online server you can assign them to certain actions ZEKE takes throughout a battle like Jumping or using the Rail Gun. The bottom Bar is for chainging the Tone of the voice and you can preview it by pressing Triangle. You dont get to preview what your text will sound like, you will have to process it to hear it but you can get an idea of what it will sound like. You can put what ever text you want but there are prohibited words that arent allowed, it will tell you and aoutomatically change these words into nonsense or you can go back and change them yourself. Enjoy using the Vocaloid.

Would this be better? I think I would rather have J_S_GR5 put this in his sticky, and just credit me.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
  3. Vocaloid Usage Tutorial V1.01
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A