• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles
  3. Question about missable quests/items/etc. (Please no spoilers past Alcamoth)
Ok, so I am trying to be careful to not permanently miss out on anything in my first time playing the game, while also trying my best not to get spoiled. I have just reached Alcomoth and did the tomb there.

So far, there seem to be two huge events that cause the timed missions to be unobtainable/finish-able.

First one being somewhat early in the game when the colony 6 refugees go back to the colony.

And the second one, which almost every timed mission other than those seems to be where it becomes unfinishable is during an event I haven't run into yet but considering how so many missions can no longer be completed once that event happens, I am guessing it's one of the biggest events in the game and have been trying not to find out anything about it. (Though one small part of it I accidentally read).

I am guessing for most people that have already beaten the game, they know what this apparently big event is.

What I want to know is if there are any other times/events in the game after this one that are also a big moment that renders yet more missions unobtainable or completable. Or if this is trhe last big one and I don't have to worry about checking to make sure I didn't miss anything permanently missable after this moment?

Also, is the only thing that becomes permanently gone missions? Or are there other things like one-of-a-kind items or anything else that you can permanently miss? I know I haven't gotten a single item in that special "other" last page in your Collectopedia, and that apparently you can only get these by trading with specific people. Do any of those items/NPCs wind up getting lost forever after said big event or any other big event? Or am I always able to 100% the collectopedia at any point in the game?
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner

User Info: Mikk

Mikk
3 months ago#2
Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
What I want to know is if there are any other times/events in the game after this one that are also a big moment that renders yet more missions unobtainable or completable.
No, it's just the one.

Also, is the only thing that becomes permanently gone missions? Or are there other things like one-of-a-kind items or anything else that you can permanently miss?
The missions, and the areas become permanently locked out. You can miss the best 3-slotted anti-mechon weapons that are dropped by enemies in those areas.

You can always 100% the collectapedia, and 100% everything else in the game that would make you consider it 100% (other than the missed missions, but you will still be able to get full area affinity).

http://i.imgur.com/PMzaOmq.png

User Info: Dragonslicr

Dragonslicr
3 months ago#3
In terms of game mechanics (e.g. weapons and armor, extra skill trees, etc.), there's nothing important that's permanently missable.

I believe there are a few collectibles that are useful later on that will become significantly more difficult to get, but nothing that will make finishing the game any harder. Have you moved the refugees back to Colony 6 yet?

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
3 months ago#4
Dragonslicr posted...
I believe there are a few collectibles that are useful later on that will become significantly more difficult to get, but nothing that will make finishing the game any harder. Have you moved the refugees back to Colony 6 yet?

Yes, that already happened long ago
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner

Dragonslicr
3 months ago#5
So if you've started Colony 6 reconstruction, you've noticed that you need collectibles for each upgrade. Some of the collectibles that you'll need are normally found in areas that will be locked out later in the game. You can still get those collectibles by trading (which usually requires 5-star affinity with the NPC's area) or from the Special buildings in Colony 6. I think there's only one that you can't get through trading (Fortune Feather), but it's fairly common in its normal area, so you'll probably have at least a couple anyway. If you end up not having one for Colony 6 reconstruction, you can get one fairly often from the levels 4 and 5 Special buildings in Colony 6.

If you return to Colony 6 at least once when you reach each new area, you'll be able to see what items you need for each upgrade, and you can keep an eye out for them.

Cyber Akuma Zero
3 months ago#6
I see.

I wasn't even aware areas would get locked out (I guess that is kind of a mini-spoiler, but oh well).

Is there any level of reconstruction where I will be "safe" and not have to worry about finding items that are now harder to get? So I can make sure all the parts of Colony 6 are at least at that point of reconstruction in the game before going on?

Dragonslicr
3 months ago#7
No, items from those areas are needed for most of levels 4 and 5. You can get everything up to level 3 when you get a couple things from Valak Mountain (the next area you'll go to).

Cyber Akuma Zero
3 months ago#8
Dragonslicr posted...
No, items from those areas are needed for most of levels 4 and 5. You can get everything up to level 3 when you get a couple things from Valak Mountain (the next area you'll go to).

Do you mean that I only have to worry about building everything up to level 3 before those areas become inaccessible, or up to level 5?

Cyber Akuma Zero
3 months ago#9
Something just occurred to me.

You said that areas would become inaccessible? Does that mean that some of the heart-to-hearts will also become inaccessible too?

Dragonslicr
3 months ago#10
You won't be able to get everything up to level 5 before then, since a few of the items you'll need come from very high level enemies (you may have seen some of the level 70+ enemies on Bionis Leg). I'm not sure how much more I can say without starting to get close to spoilers, but feel free to check in as you get to new areas if you have questions about what you need.

As for Heart-to-hearts, don't worry about it.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles
  3. Question about missable quests/items/etc. (Please no spoilers past Alcamoth)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A