• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
  3. Boulder Bowl secret star

User Info: Cheeze_E_Breath

Cheeze_E_Breath
11 months ago#1
This star is Horrible Game Design 101. Let's have the player try to bring a Goomba to a gold robot without losing the Goomba. Oh, there's only two Goombas on this planetoid that's filled with obstacles that can easily kill these Goombas in one hit. Oh yeah, if you lose both Goombas, you have to kill yourself to try again.

Seriously, who at Nintendo thought this was a good idea? This is my first time playing through this game and this might be the worst star I've come across so far. Talk about a poorly made and poorly thoughtout mission.

User Info: Distant_Rainbow

Distant_Rainbow
11 months ago#2
Unless the gripe is about the Star being way too obvious/not hidden, I don't see what the problem is.

It's just a matter of timing the act of luring the Goomba over the Chomp tracks so it doesn't get squished. Simple. If that's too difficult for you I don't know what to tell you, lots and lots of games straight-out instantly kill you if you don't succeed in much stricter windows of timing. At least since this is a secret it doesn't flat out kill you for losing your Goombas anyway, and it doesn't have a time limit, either.
Link meets Fire Emblem in CYOA: Tales of Elibe! Come read, and find out what happens! Click below!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/468480-fire-emblem/77111212

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
11 months ago#3
Unless the gripe is about the Star being way too obvious/not hidden, I don't see what the problem is.

The gripe is "This part is difficult so, rather than blame my own shortcomings, I'll just blame the game and pretend it's "bad design."

There is no bigger code for "I can't beat this section" then claiming it's bad design. Amazing how we never get these design gripes about easy sections in games.

User Info: Mariofan15

Mariofan15
11 months ago#4
Quit blaming the game because you suck.
Currently addicted to Mario Kart Tour.

User Info: Cheeze_E_Breath

Cheeze_E_Breath
11 months ago#5
Mariofan15 posted...
Quit blaming the game because you suck.

Nice job. Instead of having a constructive conversation about this mission, you decide to insult me. Classy.

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
11 months ago#6
Nice job. Instead of having a constructive conversation about this mission, you decide to insult me. Classy.

Wow, he gets all the credit for his "insults" but mine are just ignored? Sheesh.

And, no, this was not a "constructive conversation" about anything. This was you flat-out stating that something is terrible because you had to rant and blame the game for your shortcomings.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
  3. Boulder Bowl secret star
  • Topic Archived

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 11 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 242 Questions (241 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A