• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
  3. Where is the love?

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
11 months ago#11
Gone.Galaxy 2 was never as good as Galaxy.

Not so sure about that. Galaxy 2 has more areas with only 2 or 3 stars per level with up to 6 stars per level in Galaxy 1...felt like there were too many gimmicky comets in each level at times.

I will give Galaxy 1 credit for being a tougher game overall but getting 120 green stars and the final Grandmaster Galaxy star could be tough enough to even it out. Gameplay is crisp and fun in both games with a lot of neat ideas for levels. Obviously Galaxy 1 gets credit for the concept but Galaxy 2 did pretty nice things with it.

Speaking of, hurray, I finally got 242 stars in my game after some time away from the game. Took me 2/3 hours of retries for that final Grandmaster star. I screwed up SO many times on those final boomerang brothers which was just agonizing. Enjoyed the adorable letter of congrats that the game sends to your Wii malbox.

User Info: ArcadianGenesis

ArcadianGenesis
11 months ago#12
Hotel_Security posted...
Enjoyed the adorable letter of congrats that the game sends to your Wii malbox.

That was a nice touch! I actually forgot about that. :)
Playing - Dragon Quest XI S, Luigi's Mansion 3, Death Stranding

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
11 months ago#13
^Agreed. Nintendo devs do a nice job with the little extras.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
  3. Where is the love?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A