• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
  3. Mysterious letters

User Info: beachbum13

beachbum13
2 years ago#1
Every so often, when I load up the game, I'll get a letter from Mailtoad that says something like, "I have watched your actions from across the galaxy. Here is a gift created from the energy between you and your special one. Use it wisely." And attached is always an absurdly high number of 1-Ups.

Mailtoad suggests the "special one" mentioned in the letter is someone from another save file - my little sister does have a separate file she plays on from time to time - but the letters don't show up frequently enough for that to be the only explanation. Is there special criteria that have to be fulfilled for me to receive one? Like playing on the other save file or depositing Star Bits in our shared bank or something? I'd really like to know what causes them.

And by the way, yes, I know (or at least suspect) that the letters are from Rosalina. I'd only like to know why they're showing up and why they have so many 1-Ups attached, is all.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
  3. Mysterious letters
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A