• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
  3. The perfect run complaints...

User Info: Callinater

Callinater
3 years ago#1
Are weak.

Some people act like it's this unfair brutal turd that hinders their experience.
Look, it's an optional level that was attached at the very end of the game...the very very end. It only exists as an option for 100 percent completion. ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A WALK IN THE PARK.

Stop complaining about not having any patience. You literally had the time to collect 120 green stars after previously collecting 120 power stars, then stack up 9999 star bits at your toads bank. How ironic!

I'll say this, the fact that Nintendo hid it behind 120 green stars and a 9999 star bit bill, shows that they were trying their best to hide it from anyone not up to the challenge, so as not to HINDER the experience.
It was a level tacked on at the end for hardcore completionists. It's no conspiracy.

User Info: Callinater

Callinater
3 years ago#2
Callinater posted...
Are weak.

Some people act like it's this unfair brutal turd that hinders their experience.
Look, it's an optional level that was attached at the very end of the game...the very very end. It only exists as an option for 100 percent completion. ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A WALK IN THE PARK.

Stop complaining about not having any patience. You literally had the time to collect 120 green stars after previously collecting 120 power stars, then stack up 9999 star bits at your toads bank. How ironic!

I'll say this, the fact that Nintendo hid it behind 120 green stars and a 9999 star bit bill, shows that they were trying their best to hide it from anyone not up to the challenge, so as not to HINDER the experience.
It was a level tacked on at the end for hardcore completionists. It's no conspiracy.

Also, I'll emphasise that it's the FINAL FINAL level, not in between. Not at the beginning either, so it won't get in your way or ruin your day. You chose to go the distance, and thus, there will be hardships. It was your choice to hunt it down and unlock it. You chose to let loose THE BEAST.

User Info: friendlydude

friendlydude
3 years ago#3
I will say this, it's probably harder than any level from the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros. 2. As much criticism as that game gets for being hard, give me that greasy big boy over the Perfect Run!

User Info: Storm569

Storm569
3 years ago#4
friendlydude posted...
I will say this, it's probably harder than any level from the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros. 2. As much criticism as that game gets for being hard, give me that greasy big boy over the Perfect Run!

I beat it today after around 20 or so attempts granted it was my second play through however, watching someone beat it as fast as possible helped aswell. The only "difficult" part was the forth segment, even then you can have some clouds left over and that makes it easier.

Never played Super Mario Bros. 2. but I'll take your word on it being hard.

User Info: friendlydude

friendlydude
3 years ago#5
Congrats on beating it. I really don't have the patience to start the level over completely when I get far and die. Yeah SMB2 Japanese version is hard. Each level is like walking into a dog kennel and thinking everything looks nice. Then you take a few steps and notice the cage doors are open and the dogs are ready to bite your whole body apart. :p
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
  3. The perfect run complaints...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A