Idk, this game is alright, but feels like a waste of time.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
  3. Idk, this game is alright, but feels like a waste of time.

User Info: SoaringDive

SoaringDive
6 years ago#11
Plus, aren't all games pretty much a "waste of time" ?
Your entire life has been a mathematical error. A mathematical error I'm about to correct.

User Info: blizzard0717

blizzard0717
6 years ago#12
I think if you stop playing for like 2 years or something and then you "accidentaly" watch a youtube video of some amazing gameplay of this game you will want to play it again.

Personally I found the game pretty damm awesome. For me it is memorable. How could you forget the part were you have to get the star coin by surfing on a penguin, or the part were you glide through the air on top of giant green rays! Or the incredibly epic final battle with the giant furious Bowser!!

User Info: MrSpacelySlate

MrSpacelySlate
6 years ago#13
Every game in general is a waste of time.

User Info: lilchubbers5

lilchubbers5
6 years ago#14
sig
Time enjoyed is never time wasted.

User Info: PleatedDreamer

PleatedDreamer
6 years ago#15
It is certainly fun but seemed a tad too easy . I would like to see a 2d Mario that incorporates some of the ideas from the 2d portions of the Galaxy games along with new aspects.

User Info: nekholm

nekholm
6 years ago#16
I feel the same way; NSMBWii is a good game, but it doesn't have the same feel as for example SMW. Like Glitch said, it's the nostalgia. You really can't compare a new game to a game that you played 15-20 years ago.

User Info: DarkAdonis123

DarkAdonis123
6 years ago#17
I think the reason I didn't care for this game that much is because I got spoiled by playing SMG2 first. Today a friend and myself went through worlds 2-8 and collected all of the star coins I was missing. This was the first time I've touched NSMBW since November when I first got it. And though we had fun, I can already tell that once we finish getting the world 9 star coins, I'll never play this game again.

I still find the NES games more fun. Yes nostalgia does play a part but I also liked the power ups more. The penguin suit and the propeller hat didn't do anything for me. I see that an old favorite of mine(tanooki suit) is going to be featured in that mario game for 3DS. I might check that out when it launches.
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue

User Info: Knuckles07

Knuckles07
6 years ago#18
I still find the NES games more fun. Yes nostalgia does play a part but I also liked the power ups more. The penguin suit and the propeller hat didn't do anything for me.

What makes you like the frog suit more than the penguin suit?
JORDAN (Big Brother 13): "If I had any more balls in my mouth, I would have looked like a chipmunk..."

User Info: pc-ps360

pc-ps360
6 years ago#19

imho i think this is one of the best games this gen. i finished the game 7 time now and i love it the most. imho it is the best mario game followed by galaxy 2 them new super mario ds then super mario world. this game is soo much fun. no wonder nentendo is leading in sales they have something that neither ps3 nor 360 has. they have games that are made for pure FUN. 360 and ps3 games are impressive visually and from a technicall point but wat they really lack is replayability and the fun factor that nintendo puts in it games. i hope nintendo will made a new super mario bros 3ds. also this game is amzing when u have friends over the only complaint i ghave is that they did not implement the online coop which is really a bummer because the coop in this game is very underrated. when playing 3 or 4 players the game becomes chaotic and extremely fun.

User Info: mahboi

mahboi
6 years ago#20
I replayed it a few weeks ago and I can honestly understand the hype that surrounds it now. The atmosphere, the design, and uniqueness it brought to the table.

I can't understand the hype at all. The only thing SMB3 did better than NSMBW was level themes.
E means "Everyone", not "Eleven and under". Agrees: 10
Kingwhopointstodinner
  1. Boards
  2. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
  3. Idk, this game is alright, but feels like a waste of time.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived