• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crysis 2
  3. I was bored but here is My review of Cysis 2.

User Info: DARQ MX

DARQ MX
6 years ago#1
It is def much behind since I haven't played the game in a while but my friend wanted a review because he thinks the game was utter garbage. I don't think it was garbage but it definally wasn't fantastic by anymeans...

but I'll give a little review on crysis 2, For xbox tho. Since my friend let me borrow it and I beat it in a few days like when the game was first out.

Now, I wouldn't say it was garbage but I do have to say the extreme lack of a good story, tedious objectives, waves of waves of the same solders in an extreme linear path of New with no open roaming like the first one really hurt the game considering it was made by Crytek the open world gods of gaming next to Bethesda. Luckily tho it had great gameplay mechanics and some cool armor abilities but the game was just plagued with shotty A.I that made you REALLY rely on your armor abilities WAY to much.

It lacked compared to crysis 1 where you had all that stuff plus a better way to stealth and an open world to explore and do what you want for the must park. I never got a chance to play it on PC but I was very impressed with the graphics and frame rate on xbox, I don't think I ever seen a game run so smooth and look as nice on xbox up until at least Halo 4 or RE6 or a really good port. It goes to show that old ass Dx9 hardware can still push out some power if the devs give it time, but most console games are becoming "shovel-ware" (games that are hastily made, without proper testing, and 'shoveled' down consumers throats in order to make some quick cash. Without much ingenuity or variety. Aka Call of duty, Singularity, Dark sector, Far Cry 2, Etc)

I think the only level/mission I enjoyed in Crysis 2 is when you had to go after that dude who was behind the super Glass and you get his rail sniper or something (that you get to luckily use until ammo runs out) but use the boring ass scar gun through the whole game. Armor upgrades were meaningless and didn't feel rewarding, I hate live upgrading or inventory systems, That is becoming a trend now like in RE6. I think Devs want to make it more "streamlined" or something. I am just hoping Dead Space 3, gets rid of a lot of crap I didn't like in Deadspace 2 and doesn't make this game with all the same stuff as if I am playing gears 1 2 and 3 and feel like I am just playing new DLC every 2 or 3 years. lol
Intel i5 2500k+on FRIO|8GB G.Skill RipJaws|VelociRaptor, WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme 4 G3 |Sapphire 2GB 6970|Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R & K90|Win 7 Pro 64
  1. Boards
  2. Crysis 2
  3. I was bored but here is My review of Cysis 2.
  • Topic Archived