• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crysis 2
  3. Still worth playing?

User Info: RedX31

RedX31
4 years ago#1
Its been 3 years so is it still worth my time?
(emphasis on Time)
Same for Crysis 3.
The Red Fang

User Info: labounti

labounti
4 years ago#2
The online is still active. Played a few matches couple days ago and even got 2 trophies from getting owned in a match.

User Info: spikedebeaver

spikedebeaver
4 years ago#3
Like the above said, online is scarce but it can be arranged via boards and forums. Gameplay is fun but I don't play a lot of FPS so I can't compare it to anything else. Story is near brilliant following the first and the second is easily my favorite story wise. Concerning 3, it had a lot of potential but fails in a few essential areas. I honestly can't speak for it's online play but the gameplay is incredibly easy compared to the others. It doesn't help that the bow is broken. 3's story is the perfect closure to the series IMO but suffers greatly from a gap of 4 years that should've been fleshed out. There was a lot of story details touched upon in narrative, very lightly, and only really explored in collectible content and even that doesn't do it justice. The length of the game is about 3 or 4 times shorter than the first two and therefore had plenty of room to add that missing gap that wouldn't fixed the games campaign. I recommend the game for plot regardless, as it is a good ending to the series. Just make sure you find all the data so you aren't as lost as to what happened in between 2 and 3.
My friend code is 5257-9242-1013 IGN: Jet

spikedebeaver
4 years ago#4
Just noticed your emphasis on TIME. 2 has decent length but I don't think you'll feel like it's wasted. 3 only took me 5 hours so even if you found it meh, it was only 5 hours. Obtain 1 if you can. It's the best gameplay wise.

User Info: RedX31

RedX31
4 years ago#5
Finished Crysis 2
I guess if Crysis 3 is only five hours long, it wouldnt hurt to give it a shot
The Red Fang
Male, PSN: FinalMiracle13

spikedebeaver
4 years ago#6
Sweet. Can't emphasis getting 1 enough. It has the best gameplay and toughest difficulty. If you're playing on the PS3 try getting it on the PSN.

spikedebeaver
4 years ago#7
Also, since you're looking to beat it quickly I'm sure you'll miss some of the data. If you end up with any plot questions just ask them and I'll answer them for you. Some stuff about 1 gets brought back up so if you haven't played 1 that'll make those parts possibly fuzzy.
  1. Boards
  2. Crysis 2
  3. Still worth playing?
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Crysis 2 Multiplayer FAQTheBlueDeath253/15/2013