• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Warriors: Legends of Troy
  3. Wow I just found out about this game.

User Info: Rome218

Rome218
7 years ago#1
I am downloading it now. I can't believe they finally made a warriors game like this. I saw a quick video from classic game rooms and immediately got it. Can't wait til it's done downloading.
HP Pavilion | Windows 7 | 700 gb HDD | 17' lcd display | Speakers | 3 USB Ports | HDMI port | Wireless-N | DVD/CD Read/Write

Rome218
7 years ago#2
I played some of it and so far it seems to be something great. I might have to say this is my favorite warriors game, and I've played a lot of their other entries and many installments.

This like the way blocking and shields feel in this game. I love getting to executions. I can't believe I do not see bodies disappearing, they stay on the battle field. I'm not too far but I wonder how long they can keep this up.

The combat is satisfying because it seems like how fast you swat and enemy changes, and sometimes they'll fly further. I guess that's typical Warriors but I like the story of this as well.

I can't believe this did not originally release in the U.S. How unfair.
HP Pavilion | Windows 7 | 700 gb HDD | 17' lcd display | Speakers | 3 USB Ports | HDMI port | Wireless-N | DVD/CD Read/Write

User Info: Trigger_Walnut

Trigger_Walnut
7 years ago#3
A shame, isn't it?
There is no help for some people. They have no balance of emotion and logic. Only emotion.~HornySalaryman

Rome218
7 years ago#4
DW2 is the reason I upgraded to a PS2. If you look at my review contributions, I gave DW 3 a 10(I think I reviewed 5 though, but I give every game I like a 10 because I hate the number system).

With that said, this is my personal favorite warriors game. Some may disagree with me and I can see why. It's not perfect. QTE can be really frustrating, some levels repeat, you pretty much play 3-4 styles of moves(That part isn't a big deal to me, I do not need a huge cast like DW. Just people I actually give a care about).

The story is the best in a Warriors series. Somehow they cannot explain Fist of the North Star well to me, or I have to do my own research on the Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Yet Koei Canada, I believe, was able to do a great job explaining Homer's Odysee, the first part of the timeless epic poem.

It was entertaining to play and of course the similarities to Troy was there. They focused more on greek mythology compared the to movie on Homer's Epic.

Then the gameplay. The ragdoll physics feel very satisfying and bodies staying on the ground is not only cool, because you feel you're in a battlefield; picking up weapons and throwing them is awesome! You get kill cams too from doing it. Even doing something simple like XXXY, the camera changes angles.

They did not reinvent the wheel, but I always felt they made the best brawlers/beat'em ups anyway. They just made the combat in this one feel better, put me in an awesome setting where I get to be Achilles, give me a great narrative, and it's just a damn good game! Everyone who reads this, please support this game. I want a damn sequel with more to it. It's on demand for 30 dollars.
  1. Boards
  2. Warriors: Legends of Troy
  3. Wow I just found out about this game.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Where can I find (Unique items)? Side Quest2 Answers