• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NIER
  3. When does it say Kaine is a hermaphrodite? Repost with answer

User Info: Kamakazcasanova

Kamakazcasanova
9 months ago#1
Ok so I am a long time user of this site but I have never bothered asking questions or answer them as I'm not good with people. I had recently gone through some very harrowing trials in my life and it has forced me to try to not be such a recluse lol. There was a message on here 10 years ago that was never really answered https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/960450-nier/54607211
and then it was archived and I have no way to get ahold of the person. The answer to the question "When does it say Kaine is a hermaphrodite?" Is actually in the booklet that came in game case. I do not have the game anymore as someone had stolen it. In said booklet when it describes the main characters it describes Kaine as a hermaphrodite. I hope that helps, and hopefully someone still has the physical copy of the game with the booklet and post a reply with the actual description.

User Info: Nova4554

Nova4554
7 months ago#2
i got you fam (a month later at least lol)

the character profile in the manual describes her as following.

"A human who has been possessed by a shade. Vulgar, violent, and unpredictable, she is nevertheless a valuable companion on the fathers quest. some think her harsh exterior hides a shy, endearing side"

so yeah... there you go.

the whole kaine being a hermaphrodite is fan theory and speculation.

the only piece of evidence people who believe this have is a piece of dialogue that reads something along the lines of "children made fun of her because her body was different" which to be honest could mean a whole bunch of other stuff. its never said to be explicitly male genitalia.

it's neither been confirmed in game OR by the creators.
holdin out for the day mother 3 gets a western release. some day reggie, some day.
p.s. my switch friend code is 4818-1984-0875
(message deleted)

User Info: UnjadedGamer

UnjadedGamer
7 months ago#4
Nova4554 posted...
i got you fam (a month later at least lol)

the character profile in the manual describes her as following.

"A human who has been possessed by a shade. Vulgar, violent, and unpredictable, she is nevertheless a valuable companion on the fathers quest. some think her harsh exterior hides a shy, endearing side"

so yeah... there you go.

the only piece of evidence people who believe this have is a piece of dialogue that reads something along the lines of "children made fun of her because her body was different" which to be honest could mean a whole bunch of other stuff. its never said to be explicitly male genitalia.

Not true. In the official Grimoire Nier it states she has a penis and masturbates with it after killing shades. She's confirmed hermaphrodite.

To quote a 10 year old post:
"Because of the bulge in her pants. (In the DLC)

Because the official Japanese website stated it.

Because it was said (albeit not outright) in the second playthrough.

Because the official fan book gave a very detailed description of her male parts and has her using it."

Here's the source, the translated grimoire:
https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1vEP2iZ52P-DWhQBQ2Is6R8Wjao99AGi0YuWShTvA-tA/mobilebasic#h.f06da35e9b10

Under the header of "Kaine’s “Gender”" Yoko Taro himself states she is a hermaphrodite.
The irony: I became a jaded gamer as soon as I joined GameFAQs...
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: KlazeR

KlazeR
7 months ago#5
UnjadedGamer posted...
Not true. In the official Grimoire Nier it states she has a penis and masturbates with it after killing shades. She's confirmed hermaphrodite.

To quote a 10 year old post:
"Because of the bulge in her pants. (In the DLC)

Because the official Japanese website stated it.

Because it was said (albeit not outright) in the second playthrough.

Because the official fan book gave a very detailed description of her male parts and has her using it."

Here's the source, the translated grimoire:
https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1vEP2iZ52P-DWhQBQ2Is6R8Wjao99AGi0YuWShTvA-tA/mobilebasic#h.f06da35e9b10

Under the header of "Kaine’s “Gender”" Yoko Taro himself states she is a hermaphrodite.
I skimmed this and even looked for anything relating to Kaine and found nothing about her masturbating after a kill or whatever. She is a hermaphrodite though. He just says they didnt draw attention to it because it wasnt what defined her and there are people like that in the world.

User Info: GDeXCrimson

GDeXCrimson
7 months ago#6
KlazeR posted...
I skimmed this and even looked for anything relating to Kaine and found nothing about her masturbating after a kill or whatever. She is a hermaphrodite though. He just says they didnt draw attention to it because it wasnt what defined her and there are people like that in the world.

It's from the short story Witches' Sabbath (on the Nier wiki) or Banquet of the Witch in the source provided. To quote it:

Kaine is holding……. that swelled up and stiff male organ. The traveller saw the blood vessels on the object shaking. Kaine isn’t just possessed by Shades, she is also a hermaphrodite. “I can’t control myself… in the night after I killed Shades…”

User Info: Aestuo

Aestuo
5 months ago#7
https://nier.square-enix-games.com/en-us/#characters

"Kainé
-A fierce warrior whose left half of her body is possessed by a Shade. As she was harassed for being intersex, and in order to prevent further possession by the Shade who is weak against sunlight, Kainé chose clothing that exposes her skin. Despite her looks, her vocabulary and attitude are brash and violent; she's crude and eats a lot. She wields dual swords, and eviscerates any Shades that get in her way.
Illustration: Akihiko Yoshida
"

User Info: PaleVoyager

PaleVoyager
5 months ago#8
Nova4554 posted...

This aged liked milk. Woof.
PSN: PaleVoyager
  1. Boards
  2. NIER
  3. When does it say Kaine is a hermaphrodite? Repost with answer
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A