• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NIER
  3. When does it say Kaine is a hermaphrodite?

User Info: mrdurandpierre

mrdurandpierre
9 years ago#1
I'd read this in multiple reviews, previews, etc... but unless I missed something, where does it actually specify this in the game? I've beaten it once, then read Kaine's dream stories, so it could still be an unlockable for later, but I would have thought it would have been reveled by now. So what am I missing?

User Info: Bal-Sag0th

Bal-Sag0th
9 years ago#2
From what I've read there's a presumption in the japanese version Nier Replicant that Kaine is a futanari, but in the european and american versions Nier was replaced from an androgynous young man to some prehistoric caveman.

Yonah, Nier's sister, became his daughter, and the design of Kaine was corrected, according to Sankaku Complex, her nipple's areolas which normally you could see a little bit was erased and some kind of bulging in her pant was also corrected.

The occidental versions of the game seem to have erased the fappy side of the game, that's why in our countries it is Nier Gestalt and in Japan it's Nier Replicant.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's what I understood from everything I read

User Info: StormXY

StormXY
9 years ago#3
Wow, you're wrong.

The original version of the game is Nier Gestalt.

It's never explicitly said what Kaine's condition is, but it's heavily implied in the US version. I don't know how explicit it is in the Japanese version, but I'm betting it's not actually anything more than it is in the US version.

User Info: Bal-Sag0th

Bal-Sag0th
9 years ago#4
OK, I wasn't really sure about the game... But still, Nier : Replicant is the same game as Nier : Gestalt except for a few changes in graphics, no?

And the scenario is a bit different since Yonah is the sister and not the daughter of Nier...

It's said on a wikia dedicated to the game that Kaine is possessed by a demon, which make her speak fouly and there's some transgender stuff too, but I dunno if it still exists in the occidental releases...

User Info: StormXY

StormXY
9 years ago#5
It still exists. Replicant was a version made to appeal to eastern audiences after the original game, Gestalt was conceived.

Frankly I find the story plays out far better and is far better suited to the older protagonist.

Cavia games generally appear to be pretty untouched for their US releases from what I can tell, at least based off the screwiness of Drakengard 1 and 2.

I don't think Kaine's situation is ever really intended to be a blatant main point, even during the second play-through which focuses far more on her, it's simply intended to be a subtle thing. And the swearing isn't because she's possessed by a shade, nor is the other part of things. She's basically just a hermaphrodite that later gets possessed by a shade.

User Info: rep_HC

rep_HC
9 years ago#6
I don't care if "she's" a transvestitie, pre-opt, I'd marry "her". She has to be the hottest character I've ever seen in a game.
---
After research, I am 100% sure the US gov commited 9/11. The only difference between myself and skeptics, is they have not done the research. infowars.com

User Info: CaptainLuka

CaptainLuka
9 years ago#7
I adore her confidence. Man or woman, I'd hit it. After I took it to a fancy dinner, of course.
My spell check just had a mental breakdown - Air_Deleter
GT - Tyrannikos

User Info: Syvere

Syvere
9 years ago#8

Bal-Sag0th posted...
From what I've read there's a presumption in the japanese version Nier Replicant that Kaine is a futanari, but in the european and american versions Nier was replaced from an androgynous young man to some prehistoric caveman. Yonah, Nier's sister, became his daughter, and the design of Kaine was corrected, according to Sankaku Complex, her nipple's areolas which normally you could see a little bit was erased and some kind of bulging in her pant was also corrected. The occidental versions of the game seem to have erased the fappy side of the game, that's why in our countries it is Nier Gestalt and in Japan it's Nier Replicant. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's what I understood from everything I read

Oh wow! I'll explain for the umpteenth time The ONLY difference is the main character which is a cheap model swap and the fact that the hero is his sister, not daughter. EVERYTHING ELSE is the same. The cutscenes, story, characters, graphics, animations (yes, Replicant hero uses Gestalt animations which look incredibly cheesy). Kainé is futa in BOTH versions, there's NO dialogue changes either nor changes to her model. Even the "nipples" (it's clearly a shadow, not a nipple) and the slight bulging are intact.

User Info: Kairi

Kairi
9 years ago#9
Why do people even care? Why is this such a big deal?
Just play the game and enjoy it

User Info: Syvere

Syvere
9 years ago#10
Syvere posted...

Bal-Sag0th posted...
From what I've read there's a presumption in the japanese version Nier Replicant that Kaine is a futanari, but in the european and american versions Nier was replaced from an androgynous young man to some prehistoric caveman. Yonah, Nier's sister, became his daughter, and the design of Kaine was corrected, according to Sankaku Complex, her nipple's areolas which normally you could see a little bit was erased and some kind of bulging in her pant was also corrected. The occidental versions of the game seem to have erased the fappy side of the game, that's why in our countries it is Nier Gestalt and in Japan it's Nier Replicant. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's what I understood from everything I read

Oh wow! I'll explain for the umpteenth time The ONLY difference is the main character which is a cheap model swap and the fact that the hero is his sister, not daughter. EVERYTHING ELSE is the same. The cutscenes, story, characters, graphics, animations (yes, Replicant hero uses Gestalt animations which look incredibly cheesy). Kainé is futa in BOTH versions, there's NO dialogue changes either nor changes to her model. Even the "nipples" (it's clearly a shadow, not a nipple) and the slight bulging are intact.

Oh, and how do I know this? Because I have BOTH versions for PS3.
  1. Boards
  2. NIER
  3. When does it say Kaine is a hermaphrodite?
  • Topic Archived