• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NIER
  3. Never have i seen fishing being this bad in a game.

User Info: Indelacio

Indelacio
9 years ago#1
Why does it takes two straight minutes of pulling to get that one stupid mandatory fish. Screw this, i'm bringing this steaming turd back.

User Info: Veotax

Veotax
9 years ago#2
You're bad at fishing so you're returning the game? Ok dude, your choice, but you only ever need to catch one fish in the entire game. After that fishing is optional.

User Info: luke3001

luke3001
9 years ago#3
ummmm "mandatory"? perhaps you need to look up the definition of that word :)

User Info: zipitin

zipitin
9 years ago#4
Try catching a snapper or a porgy near the beginning of the game in Breath of Fire 2 with the basic fishing rod.

You'll probably kill yourself.
Need a simultaneous solution to overpopulation and world hunger?
Try Soylent Green. Now that's my kind of people!

User Info: Bokey407

Bokey407
9 years ago#5
Fishing in this game isn't exactly a BLAST, but it sure beats the fishing from POKEMON

User Info: krakenx

krakenx
9 years ago#6
Yes, the fishing in this game is the worst of any game I have ever played. With that said, you only ever need to catch a single fish in the entire time you play the game, and even that isn't as bad as the mini games in many other games. Also I discovered shops that sell the mandatory fish on my second playthrough in the same town, so maybe even the one isn't mandatory.

Either way, an awful 5 minutes doesn't spoil 40+ hours of an amazing game.

User Info: princemarth23

princemarth23
9 years ago#7
"Fishing in this game isn't exactly a BLAST, but it sure beats the fishing from POKEMON"

no.
XBL Gamertag: Kenshin90
"SHUT UP AND EAT"

User Info: WiseOne666

WiseOne666
9 years ago#8
I too found fishing to be bad when following the in-game advice... But, if you have a read of this topic in the PS3 forums for this game, you'll find fishing to be easy :)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=960449&topic=54526587

I've copied the relevant message from this post here for your convenience (credit to anjieyz for this advice):
"when catching a fish watch ur hero body move (not the fish)
if he move left u turn the stick Left ,Down
if he move right u turn the stick right ,Down
if it in the middle then just move the stick down

u dont need to push a
(only when u think i can hook it up then push A)
like about 10%-20% of the fish HP then push A".

Now go catch some fish!!!

User Info: ThugETH

ThugETH
9 years ago#9
I never even caught the mandatory fish it just auto caught it after many failed attempts, never bothered fishing again after.
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?

User Info: Gnifty

Gnifty
9 years ago#10
The problem with fishing is that the game doesn´t explain it correctly.

It says "Press A (X on PS3) when the pole bends". Wrong. You press down on the left stick and keep it that way. After that you just adjust the stick to the down-left or down-right position, but only if Nier turns in the corresponding direction. A/X is just for trying to rip the fish out of the water, something that rarely works and if you don´t press down on the stick when the fishing pole bends, you´ll lose the fish 99% of the time.

Also the game should have told you that you can´t expect to catch anything before you have upgraded your fishing skills, it´s not designed that well sadly.
  1. Boards
  2. NIER
  3. Never have i seen fishing being this bad in a game.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers