• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
  3. If you are wondering if it is worth it at 50% off and a mere 400 points

User Info: Mizznox

Mizznox
11 years ago#11

^thats what Im wondering. I wont get any nostaligia benefits from buying this. Does the game hold its own If I were playing it for the first time?

I just picked it up having never played it before, and I think it's pretty good so far. I have played a couple of the LucasArts games before, though, so I'm at least used to the style.

User Info: starwarsjunky

starwarsjunky
11 years ago#12

Demonedge posted...
was wondering what is the combat system like, if there is any? I know nothing of this game. Is it turned based or real time combat?

This game isn't in the genre you think it is. It is a point and click adventure game not a real time strategy.
---
The enemy of your enemy is your friend.

for those unfamiliar with the genre, think of it as a puzzle game. there is no combat. you use your wit.

User Info: MachineAge

MachineAge
11 years ago#13
Er dumb luck whichever one hits you first

User Info: Merc123

Merc123
11 years ago#14
I picked this up the week it came out after i played the demo. i never played a Point and Click Adventure really before, but the humor got me and i just found the puzzles fun. Its so worth 400 points. I think its even worth the 800 i got it for.

And the new one Lechuck's Revenge Special Edition is just as awesome. I also played Curse of Monkey Island. Its AMAZING if you can find it, the graphics are like a cartoon and really something else!

I just replayed this to nab the 3 hour achievment. Beat it in about an hour and a half.
Pawn: Bailey Jay: Fighter with Scather/Challenger(lvl 200) : Arisen: Kylo Ren
Pawn ID:0720-BACA-FFEB & Switch Friend Code: SW-1954-8440-8702

User Info: Junomaster2006

Junomaster2006
11 years ago#15
I don't think it's worth the 400 points and the game shouldn't never been remade. If remade, then it should have been a lot better. Alot of the things I had to do in the game doesn't make sense and itsn't logical; so it isn't really a puzzle game. The hint system sometimes isn't clear and can still won't help you in need.
  1. Boards
  2. The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
  3. If you are wondering if it is worth it at 50% off and a mere 400 points
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A