• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
  3. At last! HALLELUJAH! MORE BATTLEFRONT!

User Info: iBrake4Urgals

iBrake4Urgals
8 years ago#1
http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2013/06/10/star-wars-battlefront-returns/
_._I) _ _ _ _ _ /| _( )_ _ _ _ _ _
_|_|) R A K E_`|-_U R G A L S

User Info: darthsnider

darthsnider
8 years ago#2
I'm kinda eh about it.

I can't wait to see a new Battlefront game. I'm going to play the hell out of it.

That said, being developed by DICE can mean it'll be super super super amazing, or fail because EA.
PSN: Darth_Snider
NNID: PHIbot / FC: 0430-8557-9176
(message deleted)

iBrake4Urgals
8 years ago#4
True DS, true... I think that it using the same Frostbite engine as Battlefield 3 is another wild factor; can they toon it up enough to make it Star Wars/Fantasy enough, or will it not work? I NEVER thought this would happen though (meaning Dice creating Battlefront; it's a bit strange; my older brother who doesn't care much for Star Wars said that if the makers of Battlefield made a Battlefront game it would rule the market and even he would probably love it. I laughed MUCH at the time and gave him many reasons WHY that was impossible. Lol).

darthsnider
8 years ago#5
Well, to be fair DICE is probably the best developer for the game. I'd have preferred Zipper had they not gone derpy with MAG 2.0/Socom 4 though.

If allowed to make the game how they want to, I'm sure DICE will do a fantastic job. Let's hope for the best.

iBrake4Urgals
8 years ago#6
Ah, I forgot, a MAG guy ;)

I have to admit though, the way BF3 operates and (by my limited experience) MAG does, MAG's game style may would fit the star wars universe better. Not that, like you said, DICE should do perfectly fine with it.

darthsnider
8 years ago#7
Well when I say MAG, I'm pointing at its smooth, balanced gameplay with 250 people on a huge map. It's also more of a pick up and play game.

BF3 is much more technical than MAG, with millions of guns and attachments and whatnot..and it's horribly unbalanced. Star Wars doesn't need all that. I'm hoping DICE manages to reign in some of that customization and make a solid, balanced game that still looks pretty like Battlefield...but obviously makes it more Star Wars-ish than anything.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
  3. At last! HALLELUJAH! MORE BATTLEFRONT!
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Snowman144masterjedi17036/25/2020

GameFAQs Q&A