• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: Animal Parade
  3. Best way to earn money?

User Info: pmaster

pmaster
8 years ago#1
Fishing? Mining? Which is worth more when shipped?
This line is currently reserved for HOMEROWED, the Best Helper.
~So Siamese not even Santa believes!~meow

User Info: silversunsspu

silversunsspu
8 years ago#2

Its up to you. Me? I do em all lol. If you're really that concerned though stick with farming, seriously. Cook everything you grow and buy the best produce and flowers. (Make sure to get tons of blue mist flowers in fall! They can be used to make shining perfume which gives you loads of cash!!)

Btw when I say farming I DON'T mean livestock. Animals really don't make you that much profit but they do save you money from buying the neccecities like milk and eggs. I kno you're probably going, "but what about silkworms?" Yeah their silk is awesome but you can only keep up to four and they only give you one silk every four days or so. I'm not saying you shouldn't buy them but you should probably just try to get your stamina and water can level up so you can harvest as much as possible. Trust me, it may seem excessivly tedious at first, but once you get the hang of it you'll be a billionaire in no time.

User Info: momluvsgames

momluvsgames
8 years ago#3
I would agree with faming to make the most money. My livestock have come in second and provide income until whatever crop I planted is ready.

In spring: Turnips, strawberries, and cabbage.

Summer: Sugar cane and lots of green tea
Fall: Lots of Blue mist flowers to make blue perfume; eggplant, peppers, and rice are good. I planted pumpkins and yams to use for gifts as some of the villagers like them cooked.

Winter: Mostly buckwheat with snowflake flowers. Wait for a blizzard to mill your buckwheat at your farm waterwheel and quality will go up.
---

User Info: LyssaJ

LyssaJ
8 years ago#4
You'll always make the most money with crops, but if you're looking for which is best between fishing and mining, I'd put my vote to fishing. Mining is much more random and even when you find good stuff, you're not guaranteed to get good refining results.

Fishing is good from early on to late in the game, provided you're smart about making your sashimis. Early on when you're saddled with a ton of cheap fish like smelt, sardines, goby, and puffers, a knife set will turn each one into an 80G sashimi, much more worth the money. Once you have a better rod, a bit more stamina, and a higher level with your fishing pole, you can hit the best seasonal king fish spots and make a killing if you're going for your ultimate fisherman degree. Spring, summer, fall head to the watery cave top floor on any non-rainy day, position yourself squared to the mine entrance and the bell, face into the upper left corner of the screen, and charge to one to cast toward the nautilus shell in the back of the cave. You're in the right spot if you start landing eels and rockfish, because that's the sweet spot for nautilus worth 830G each. You can easily snag 2-3 in an afternoon's fishing and with three eels each one makes a shining sashimi worth 1700G. In winter, head for Toucan Island and go down to where the penguin is, but not to the end of the path. Turn to the right where you're almost overlooking the boat, charge to 4 or 5, and start landing tarpons for 800G each. If you don't have a high level rod yet, just go to the end of the penguin's path and fish from there, you'll hook barracuda (~650G) and sharks (347G). If you get octopus and lobsters in the bargain, just grill them up before shipping them off, since it adds 10G to each for not much effort and practically no game time.
Survival is key to your mission, Snake! .....

LyssaJ
8 years ago#5
Oops, in the above post re: the nautilus, it should say face into the upper RIGHT corner of the screen. You should be able to see a nautilus shell leaning in the back corner, that's the region you're aiming at. Make sure you have a couple power berries under your belt before you try this one and bring along some bodigizers or herbal tea to boost yourself back up so you have a decent stamina before you hook one. If you do miss one, the eels (198G) still make it a worthwhile fishing destination.

User Info: brawl4fun

brawl4fun
8 years ago#6
I got up to 30'000g in one summer with the cherry trees at the start. So if your thinking of cutting them or already have then do the other suggestions.
HG:4082 7697 6144
TAL FTW!!!

LyssaJ
8 years ago#7
By the way, on the livestock issue, while they don't make as much money as crops, they don't take any gametime, either, or stamina, so there's no reason not to supplement with them. I'd go with sheep as the main moneymakers on four legs. You only get product every four days, but the combination of wool turned into yarn and sheep's milk is actually worth more than four cow's milk turned into butter or cheese of the same quality. If you stagger your sheep, you can harvest product from one or two every day rather than having to milk a bunch of cows every day. In either case, you can up the value by turning shining and perfect grades into cheese or butter and putting good or decent in the pot to make hot milk. Ship shining and perfect wool straight, dye good and decent with a blue herb. For poultry, chickens and ducks wind up being about the same level of profit. For chickens, turn shining and perfect into mayo, fry good and decent in the pan (or store them for cooking recipes later), for ducks ship shining, boil all other grades.

LyssaJ
8 years ago#8
Oh, and the clothes thing. Doesn't help you in the game. You may get a -very- tiny boost by wearing the tiara when talking to the wizard, but I don't think you can even get that until the New Year's Eve festival, so it's a waste of money you sorely need at the moment. Spend the money on kitchen utensils, as they seriously boost your profit margins. Pot, mixer, frying pan, and knife set are essential for raising the value of single ingredients. If you fish at all, the knife set is a must, especially early on. You can turn a single pond smelt worth 7G into an 80G decent sashimi, so it pays for itself quickly. The pot is a must for tea and eggs, the mixer increases the value of your fruit crops and forages as well as turning flowers into perfume, and just about any vegetable can go into the pan and come out as 245G stir fry, a boost for the good/decent majority you'll harvest.
  1. Boards
  2. Harvest Moon: Animal Parade
  3. Best way to earn money?
  • Topic Archived