• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
  3. Saiyajin, Saiyan, SSJ, SS. Which is it and why?

User Info: AsianSuperman

AsianSuperman
9 years ago#1
I've noticed that for most Western fans, they use the term "Super Saiyan" over "Super Saiyajin". But when saying it as an acronym, Western folks use "SSJ" over "SS". Why is that? And which term do you folks use?
Fact: Squall is based off River Phoenix and Gackt. That's right. He's a cocaine addict and a cross dresser.

User Info: lucidun

lucidun
9 years ago#2
I mostly use SAYIAN and SSJ
PSN - OreadiaLeon

User Info: nightshadow275

nightshadow275
9 years ago#3
I use ssj but i also say supaa saiyajin (super saiyajin) when saying it completely
PSN: Hayashi_Kaidou (used to be The_Assassin-275)
XBOX live: KENSHIN HIMUR4 (i don't come online on xbox live anymore)

User Info: Superheroics

Superheroics
9 years ago#4
People use SSJ instead of SS because they don't want the characters to sound like they're ships/boats, if you know what I mean (example: SS Goku)

I used to call it Super Saiyan, but I've grown accustomed to calling it Super Saiyajin over the years. I've always used SSJ since everyone else used it as well.

User Info: hyper_trunkx

hyper_trunkx
9 years ago#5

i say super saiyan.

only weeaboos say super saiyajin.

as for the abbreviation...i think most ppl use 'ssj' becuz its easier to recognize i guess, idk.

User Info: Savra104

Savra104
9 years ago#6
"I've noticed that for most Western fans, they use the term "Super Saiyan" over "Super Saiyajin". But when saying it as an acronym, Western folks use "SSJ" over "SS". Why is that? And which term do you folks use?"

It's mostly because SSj has been used so commonly within the fandom (of rabid Japanese-lovers) that it has become the major acronym. In actuality, that j shouldn't be there at all whether Japanese or not, but since people have been including it for so long it has become ingrained.

Really, almost everyone says it differently or spells it differently. I use the j interchangeably but I always say Super Saiyan.

AsianSuperman
9 years ago#7
"It's mostly because SSj has been used so commonly within the fandom (of rabid Japanese-lovers) that it has become the major acronym. In actuality, that j shouldn't be there at all whether Japanese or not, but since people have been including it for so long it has become ingrained."

Actually, S.S.J. is the correct acronym for it, as in kanji and katakana, it's Supaa (Super) Saiya (Saiyan) Jin (Person of that race).

The little translation would be "Super Saiyan Man" or "Super Saiyan Person".

Also, half Japanese here, so I think I can say "Saiyajin" without being a weeaboo. lol
Fact: Squall is based off River Phoenix and Gackt. That's right. He's a cocaine addict and a cross dresser.

AsianSuperman
9 years ago#8
By "little" I meant "literal"

nightshadow275
9 years ago#9
"It's mostly because SSj has been used so commonly within the fandom (of rabid Japanese-lovers) that it has become the major acronym. In actuality, that j shouldn't be there at all whether Japanese or not, but since people have been including it for so long it has become ingrained."

Actually, S.S.J. is the correct acronym for it, as in kanji and katakana, it's Supaa (Super) Saiya (Saiyan) Jin (Person of that race).

The little translation would be "Super Saiyan Man" or "Super Saiyan Person".

Also, half Japanese here, so I think I can say "Saiyajin" without being a weeaboo. lol"

so can i think, i stdy japanese plus i've seen dbz in japanese nd not english so i've always heard it as supaa saiyajin

nightshadow275
9 years ago#10
correction of above so can i i think XD
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
  3. Saiyajin, Saiyan, SSJ, SS. Which is it and why?
  • Topic Archived