• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  3. My Call of Duty conspiracy theory.

User Info: MagiSnarf

MagiSnarf
8 years ago#1
I've been thinking lately to myself as to why a perfect COD game can never be made, and that's because if a perfect COD was made, new ones wouldn't sell as well.

Let's break down the previous games and how they improve and decline at the same time.

COD4 - 3x frags, Juggernaut, Martyrdom and Last Stand

World at War - Removed 3x Frags, added 2x frags, kept Juggernaut and increased Last Stand into Second Chance

MW2 - Removed Juggernaut, Martyrdom, 2x Frags, and the ability to revive in Last Stand. Added Painkiller and Final Stand and Martyrdom as deathstreaks. Added One Man Army and Commando.

Black Ops - Removed Stopping Power, OMA, Martyrdom, Painkiller, Commando, and Final Stand. Added built-in Commando (now removed) the RC-XD, revive ability for Second Chance, and I'm going to say matchmaking because it seems like Treyarch's way of adding one more problem.

Now all of these could be patched, but do you know why they won't be removed? Because they can't. If all the flaws could be removed, COD games would rarely bought as much as now due to there being a perfect shooter.

There's no way the developers didn't know the result of adding those flaws into the game, it's just they have to or they wouldn't be able to make another COD game.

This is my theory

User Info: 2bphy

2bphy
8 years ago#2
Marketing... They make a big enough "upgrade" to warrant a purchase, but don't make it perfect so people keep coming back for more.
Too beefy

User Info: zencrobar67

zencrobar67
8 years ago#3
This was really only about perks. And while cod4 certainly had its share of issues, WAW and especially MW2 felt way less balanced.

Blops didn't get rid of camping, but it certainly helped negate it. For the most part, this game is more balanced than the previous 3 cod games.
LBP IS AWESOME!
psn: chef_chubsyboy

User Info: ebraz83

ebraz83
8 years ago#4
I don't think they're doing it on purpose. They think they're making improvements with everything they add but the problem they have is when they're testing this stuff out they don't abuse the features like the community does. They play the game as it was intended because that's all they know, other people exploit every aspect they can to improve their score. Now that treyarch is making changes to the formula according to what the gaming community says instead of what they think would be cool during development, their editions to the cod franchise will be the most fine tuned of any before.

User Info: WiinolikePS3

WiinolikePS3
8 years ago#5
Activision certainly made sure MW2 was a flop so Black Ops would sell more by ticking off the long-time fans and pleasing the kiddies, but I think that's the only intentional screwup.

The reason the RC car is in this game and hasn't been nerfed is for the same reason- Activision demands that Treyarch gives 12 year olds a reason to play this game.
I like nostalgia goggles they're comfy and easy to wear - bluesalt

User Info: AngryNoiseDude

AngryNoiseDude
8 years ago#6
Juggernaut wasn't a problem though :|
Spread the <3

User Info: loki_lauyferson

loki_lauyferson
8 years ago#7
also depending who you ask diff things are diff problems, what one person sees as problematic someone else will like. thats why a game will never be perfect.
xbl gamertag: loki lauyferson

User Info: AngryNoiseDude

AngryNoiseDude
8 years ago#8

From: loki_lauyferson | Posted: 1/3/2011 9:44:13 PM | #007
also depending who you ask diff things are diff problems, what one person sees as problematic someone else will like. thats why a game will never be perfect.

There are things that are objectively or subjectively bad in a game like this. For example, Last stand and its variants, its a fast paced FPS, what is a perk designed to slow down your death and even give you another chance doing in a game like CoD? Its silly.

Something subjectively bad would be Ghost, some people hate it and others think its awesome or whatever. But there isn't really an objective problem with it. Except that the other Tier 1 perks don't compare with it, but thats just a problem with the other perks, not Ghost.
Spread the <3

User Info: iwish

iwish
8 years ago#9
You forgot the MP40.

User Info: BTzz

BTzz
8 years ago#10

There are things that are objectively or subjectively bad in a game like this. For example, Last stand and its variants, its a fast paced FPS, what is a perk designed to slow down your death and even give you another chance doing in a game like CoD? Its silly.

Something subjectively bad would be Ghost, some people hate it and others think its awesome or whatever. But there isn't really an objective problem with it. Except that the other Tier 1 perks don't compare with it, but thats just a problem with the other perks, not Ghost.

I thought you were Flak Jacket's biggest fan! Have you been seeing other perks?
XBOX GT/PSN: Artbtz
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  3. My Call of Duty conspiracy theory.
  • Topic Archived