• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon SoulSilver Version
  3. need to trade evolve my kadabra

User Info: swank_doober

swank_doober
4 months ago#1
i have a kadabra that i want to evolve, so i need someone to trade with me and then trade it back.

User Info: DrAgOn121

DrAgOn121
4 months ago#2
Sadly, there is no longer any Nintendo WiFi Connection (Internet) for Pokemon Soulsilver after it was shut down, I'm sure there is something you can do but I wouldn't knwo how to do it.

As for your Kadabra. If you have pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold or another Soulsilver Version and a second DS you can easily trade it and then trade it back. Unfortunately if you do not however, I don't see you getting an Alakazam, although Kadabra is still a pretty good pokemon. Good Luck. Also because no one has said it yet. Trade questions belong on the trading board. Again Good luck man, I really hope you get it.
Follow me on my Shiny Badge Quest https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/960100-pokemon-soulsilver-version/79536299
3DS FC: 3841-2849-2385
(message deleted)

User Info: Esplanade

Esplanade
2 months ago#4
It is actually possible to get back on-line and used the GTS and whatnot, thanks to fans setting up their own servers(search for wiimmfi or "kaeru" for more details).

There's also a glitch that lets you evolve trade-evolved Pokemon by yourself using the GTS. It's called the GTS trade evolution oversight glitch on Bulbapedia, if you want to look it up.

User Info: Master Rudy

Master Rudy
2 weeks ago#5
DrAgOn121 posted...
Sadly, there is no longer any Nintendo WiFi Connection (Internet) for Pokemon Soulsilver after it was shut down, I'm sure there is something you can do but I wouldn't knwo how to do it.

Need to check out PokéClassic Network if you're looking to trade.
https://pkmnclassic.net

Setup instructions are here:
https://kaeru.world/projects/wfc

Short version: you'll need to turn off auto obtain DNS address. Edit your connection settings and change the DNS address to 178.62.43.212 (secondary should be either all zeros or match the primary)

PokéClassic also has a Discord server up, so I would suggest joining that as well.

Battles and trades/GTS do work on all Gen 4 games (D/P/Pl, HG/SS) and Gen 5 (B/W, B2/W2). Unfortunately, Game Sync features for Gen 5 have not been reverse engineered yet, so anything related to Dream World cannot be done.

IMO, the big one is that ALL OFFICIAL MYSTERY GIFT EVENTS ARE ARCHIVED!

When connecting to Mystery Gift, the servers will randomly pick an event and give you the Wonder Card for that event. This can sometimes be a pain and it is a bit arduous to get everything as you get most of the events, but with time you can eventually access every event, including events that were exclusive to Japan.

Now, a couple of things to be aware of: first, as these are unofficial servers, do be aware that they are finicky. They can be working fine one moment, and in the next moment you'll get various connection errors and the occasional "online services for this title have been discontinued" message.

Second: if you are playing on either an original DS or a DS Lite, be aware that they cannot connect to newer security settings. Those systems used WEP encoding. You have two workarounds for that:

-Disable your router security (not recommended)
-Use your smartphone as an unlocked mobile hotspot if it has that feature

I myself go for number two. Shouldn't be a major issue overall, especially if you're only using the servers for MG and the occasional GTS trade.
If you're under fire then fire back!
(edited 2 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon SoulSilver Version
  3. need to trade evolve my kadabra
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A