• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon SoulSilver Version
  3. I justt got my first shiny starter!

User Info: lostnfound99

lostnfound99
1 year ago#1
I just bought a copy of soul silver recently after selling my old copy years ago.

and I have never really gotten many shinies or had much luck I that dept playing the core titles. So after I found out that you can shiny check all 3 starters on SS/HG I decided to try and give it a go.

Got the game on Wednesday and tried for about an hour that night, a half hour on my lunch on Thursday, and actually got a shiny cyndaquil last night after probably a half an hour!

i can count on one hand the number of shinies that i caught myself that weren’t like the shiny Gyarados or something so I’m pretty stoked :)

he’s not even a bad nature either! Calm

FC: 1349-5983-9491

User Info: Daren_iz_rat

Daren_iz_rat
10 months ago#2
thats super cool! what level?

User Info: greasypicadillo

greasypicadillo
10 months ago#3
Considering Cyndaquil is a starter, I'd say Lv.5 (or Lv.1 if from an egg)
People who live in glass houses should just shut the f**k up

User Info: lostnfound99

lostnfound99
5 months ago#4
greasypicadillo posted...
Considering Cyndaquil is a starter, I'd say Lv.5 (or Lv.1 if from an egg)

level 5 - he was the starter :)
FC: 1349-5983-9491

User Info: Madman_19

Madman_19
3 months ago#5
Congrats.

I did one a while back on HG, and ended up with a shiny Totodile. His name is Curt. :)
Nintendo Switch FC: SW-3960-1329-7503; PSN - Unphilltereddd

User Info: DrAgOn121

DrAgOn121
3 months ago#6
Doing a SBQ (Check it out in my signature) And my shiny within 2 hours was Chickorita. I've had some insane luck so far, but as of late it's slowed down. I would totally recommend doing a SBQ (Shiny Badge quest) on soulsilver/heartgold.
Follow me on my Shiny Badge Quest https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/960100-pokemon-soulsilver-version/79536299
3DS FC: 3841-2849-2385

User Info: W20adm

W20adm
1 week ago#7
I did this with chikorita but used rng manipulation to avoid a long slog.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon SoulSilver Version
  3. I justt got my first shiny starter!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A