Save data could not be accessed?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon SoulSilver Version
  3. Save data could not be accessed?

User Info: Dukdude

Dukdude
6 years ago#1
Just bought a pre-owned copy of SoulSilver from Gamestop, put it in my DS and a blue screen with a white dialog box in the middle of it saying "The save data could not be accessed. Please turn the power off and reinsert the DS game card." comes up. Any suggestions? Yes, I have tried taking it out and cleaning it lightly with a q-tip. Should I just take it back?

User Info: Maciacia1

Maciacia1
6 years ago#2
you have to reset the save data to brand settings, i cant remember the combination of top of my head but i think it was something like L+B+SEL,

that is if you can get to continue screen
SS : 2107 3846 4611 White: 4427 3868 8449

Dukdude
6 years ago#3
Maciacia1 posted...
you have to reset the save data to brand settings, i cant remember the combination of top of my head but i think it was something like L+B+SEL,

that is if you can get to continue screen

I can't, the error comes up right after I select the game from the DS main menu. From what I've read from various google searches, it looks like the game is done for good.

User Info: Excaliber010

Excaliber010
6 years ago#4
Looks like Gamestop screwed you over then. Seriously is it that hard to test the games before they sell them? Obviously not every used game is gonna be scratch-less.
Crowley: You boys have been the chocolate in my peanut butter for a very long time now...

Dukdude
6 years ago#5
Excaliber010 posted...
Looks like Gamestop screwed you over then. Seriously is it that hard to test the games before they sell them? Obviously not every used game is gonna be scratch-less.

Yeah, well, I called the store, and the guy I talked to was really cool about it. He apologized and told me to bring it back in and show him the error, and he'll swap it right out for another copy of soulsilver they have in stock. So I'm not too upset, just 10 minutes that I'll never get back driving there and back.

User Info: Excaliber010

Excaliber010
6 years ago#6
Ooooooooooooooooh Well hell now I feel bad...not. Gamestop is still bad but there are a couple good stores out there. Thankfully you found one.
Crowley: You boys have been the chocolate in my peanut butter for a very long time now...

User Info: Maciacia1

Maciacia1
6 years ago#7
in uk they would probably tell you to bug off and dont comeback :P
SS : 2107 3846 4611 White: 4427 3868 8449

User Info: ThatTSguy13

ThatTSguy13
6 years ago#8
When I bought my copy of heartgold, I ran into a similar problem, except my DS wouldn't register the game was inserted. The game cartridge was messed up. It was the same day I bought my DS. Luckily, I thought to try out the game before I went back home and exchanged it right there. The guy there was also really cool about it.
FC heartgold - 4942 7768 9628
First Hack is free - must have Karma 13+; Repeat hacks cost 1 Heartscale each

User Info: bandit_wolf

bandit_wolf
6 years ago#9
I had this once with SS (bought New, only I have used it). Freaked me out since I had 100 hours into it. I kept reinserting it in the DS and after a few times it loaded again and has been fine since. I think a speck of dirt got on a contact.

Not sure about your game. If it don't work exchange it.
Visited this site since 2001.

User Info: Basil_Evenstar

Basil_Evenstar
6 years ago#10
This happened to me once too. I took it out, blew on the game, stuck it back in and it was good to go.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon SoulSilver Version
  3. Save data could not be accessed?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived