• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. repro cartridge, will it work?

User Info: pmdskitty

pmdskitty
6 months ago#1
i bought a pokemon heartgold repro from etsy since finding an original copy is not only hard but very expensive. i’ve been playing it and it seems to work fine but i’ve had bad experiences with bootlegs/repros in the past (involving the gba games) so i’m wondering if there’s anything i should look out for. what are the dangers with the save file corrupting/wiping itself? what should i avoid doing so that doesn’t happen and what bugs should i expect? will i be able to play the post game? and will it work on any system past the ds/dsi systems? i’m aware that the ds repros/bootlegs are at least a little more stable than the gba games but i just want to make sure.
take charge of your destiny!

User Info: SummerStorm23

SummerStorm23
6 months ago#2
It's a bit risky, as anti-piracy measures can come into play (it just freezes the game), and as with any bootleg the save file can be prone to corruption. If these don't come into play, then every part of the game should be playable, even the post game. There is a chance it won't work on the 3ds line, but you can just jailbreak those and it should then work.

All you can do to hopefully avoid the problems is pray, its all up to chance whether it works or not.
Add me on Switch! SW-1812-4484-9702

User Info: FabioGnecco

FabioGnecco
6 months ago#3
Which problems you had with gba repros ?

User Info: pmdskitty

pmdskitty
6 months ago#4
FabioGnecco posted...
Which problems you had with gba repros ?
they randomly deleted my save one day with no warning and i was no longer able to save on it, getting an error message every time i did so
take charge of your destiny!

User Info: FabioGnecco

FabioGnecco
6 months ago#5
I have a sapphire repro.... Haven't played on it since I have a flashcard, but I got curious lol will try it later !
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. repro cartridge, will it work?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A