You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. LF: Dex Completion ; FT: Inside

User Info: Moostache7

Moostache7
2 months ago#1
Platinum owner, and am very much interested in temporarily swapping Legendaries for dex completion. If it's not yet apparent, the AltWFC / PKMN Classic network is what I'm operating on, link trade being the means by which I / we would be trade.

Using link trade (Wi-Fi Club, found in the basement of the Pokemon Center) specifically is necessary in order for me to obtain these last monsters because of the fact that Generation 4 Global Trade Station requires the user to have at least have a monster be Seen in their Pokedex in order for them to be set as a trade request. As there is no way to legitimately see the following monsters within my game, I therefore must request that you are able to access the Wi-Fi Club within your game using the connection settings that you establish.

-
-
-

Specifically, Kyogre and Latios are the only monsters I am looking for at the moment.
I would return both of these monsters after receiving them, and would be willing to send any of the following that you needed in return to complete your Dex:

If you've gotten the Mystery Gifts, you'll have an Arceus, with which you can obtain one of the Sinnoh mascots (Giratina, Palkia, Dialga); I'd be more than willing to send the other two to you as long as they were swapped back with the monsters you send me. I also have the Lake Guardians, Cresselia, Regigigas, Groudon*, Manaphy, Deoxys,
{
[all of the starters Generations I-IV, Glameow/Purugly, Stunky/Skuntank, Spiritomb, Rotom (all forms), Carnivine, Vulpix, Teddiursa, Ledyba, Skarmory, Feebas, all five pseudo-legendaries, all fossils, access to Magnezone, Probopass, Leafeon and Glaceon, and any and all monsters available in Generation 4 exclusive to the Sinnoh region that can be repeatedly caught]**.

*if you would like to temporarily keep a Groudon in order to obtain Rayquaza from the in-game side quest, I ask that it be swapped for the Latios for the same period of time so that I know that you will be returning it
**monsters listed in brackets you may actually keep, in which case if you want back what you send to me make sure to bring junkmons or breedjects to the exchange
}

-
-
-

Though I have collected the Mystery Gifts, I have yet to complete the side quests so I have yet to get the Sinnoh exclusive Mythicals or the Regi trio. It will be quite awhile before I have the free time to do those so for now I will not list those as options; anything else listed above is fair game though.

If you've never set up a connection to the AltWFC, there are other threads on this forum and plenty on other forums that can show you how; I recommend using a wireless hotspot on your smartphone, that's about all the advice I'll be able to share with the time that I have. I'll check back regularly but unless you legitimately have an offer I will unable to answer with very long replies or PMs with the amount of time that I have.
Thanks in advance.
FC = 2982 - 1892 - 7142 Ultra Moon IGN = Alex
Steam = Moostache7

Moostache7
1 month ago#2
Bump
Steam = Moostache7

Moostache7
1 month ago#3
Bump 2.0
Steam = Moostache7

User Info: Snowwollf45

Snowwollf45
4 weeks ago#4
Should I try completing the dex for HG? I have all the games, besides diamond and pearl, I have the gba games too, if needed, and have soulsilver, so should I try too? If you both are busy that's perfectly fine, just curious about it

Moostache7
4 weeks ago#5
My apologies, I should've updated this thread. Someone over on the SoulSilver forum helped me get the two I was looking for, so in terms of what I need, I'm all set.
The reason I was going for Dex completion is because it allows me to do several things, namely trade on the GTS for desirable monsters (you can't select a monster to request unless you've seen it). I'm looking for desirable monsters from games I don't own and therefore have no means of obtaining multiples of because I want an easier way to beat the Battle Tower, namely the challenge that require downloading online 'ghosts' of players. And lastly, the reason I'm looking to beat that is because I'm going for the Ribbon Master challenge, have been working on that casually for several years now and was having a significantly difficult time, but am now able to do much more with the online and Mystery Gifts available again.
---
So if you're not looking for anything like that, Dex completion is just done for the novelty of 100%-ing the game. You don't get anything special out of it that I know of, at least not that you can't get before completing the Dex.
If you have all the games but not enough hardware to trade with yourself (though if you have "all the games", I'm assuming you have one of the 3DS models, and therefore have the option to use backwards compatibility and trade with yourself; in case that's not what you meant:) I can assist, but currently I'll need to wait a few weeks before I have the time to do any Link Trading. I only have duplicates of a few Legendaries, but if all you're looking for is to swap like I was describing above, I'd be willing to send you anything that I have on hand.
3DS FC = 2982 - 1892 - 7142 --- Omega Ruby / Ultra Sun IGN = Alex
Platinum FC = (pending) --- Black FC = (pending) --- Steam = Moostache7

Snowwollf45
4 weeks ago#6
Okay thanks, sorry, I just wanna try and complete the dex, right now, I have nothing better to do atm, so why not right? And I don't need to trade atm, i was just wondering if I should try it, thanks for responding, sorry if I wasted your time☺

Moostache7
4 weeks ago#7
Haha no worries, you didn't waste my time at all. I was just a little surprised to see someone had finally replied and felt bad that I hadn't updated anything

Snowwollf45
4 weeks ago#8
It's perfectly fine, I was just wondering if I should is all, is it enjoyable?

Moostache7
4 weeks ago#9
I think it's kind of cool to have it finished, even if it weren't about my Ribbon Master run, and even though they'r older games. And in the earlier Generations, with online, it's actually not that difficult to accomplish.
Living Dex is something I think is a bit excessive, especially once the games are 3D. I do however appreciate that they include the mechanics that are in the 3D games, so even though obtaining a Living Dex is too ambitious for my liking, I can still keep a record of all the monsters, their forms, and their regions.

User Info: Sharkwars

Sharkwars
4 weeks ago#10
i agree that it is very fun to try and get the pokedex accomplished. right now i only have gen V online because our router has a WPS-2 security and my dad won't let me change it without reasearch. but I have most of the pokes in V. I'm missing some of the older events for gen IV but have all of the unova pokedex filled.
FC-2123-2077-7943 IGN for Moon is Moon IGN for Ultra Sun is Sun
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. LF: Dex Completion ; FT: Inside