• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. How does the Gamestop event work?
mookiemeister 10 years ago#31
I just checked pokemon.com the official web site for Pokemon games and it mentioned the shiny Legendary Beasts distribution dates. No mention that there are any requirements of pre-ordering tickets as mentioned in serebii page.
3DS FC: 3625-7815-3641
Nintendo Network: wookiemaster
reaverz 10 years ago#32
From my experience, some Gamestop locations even ask you if you're downloading the event so that they can tally how many they've done to report back to Nintendo... and no employee has been snarky about it so far. I think they're warned against making any customer feel uncomfortable.
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
mookiemeister 10 years ago#33
So to download pokemons from GameStop, you should at least let them know that you are going to download the event pokemon so they can tally the number? For the distributions at Toys R Us where I've gotten some pokemons in the past, I just turn on my DS and started downloading without asking any employees about it.
3DS FC: 3625-7815-3641
Nintendo Network: wookiemaster
MaxBemis 10 years ago#34

Sigh. Is it REALLY so difficult as to use your eyes to read terms and conditions? Don't expect everyone else to do everything for you, it's sad.

It's a video game, chill out.
NeonOctopus 10 years ago#35
I tried to do it from the front of the store, but I couldn't pick up anything >_>
wutzgood 10 years ago#36
Or I don't want the store owners to see that I don't exactly "have" the game, if you know what I mean.

^ i used 2 ds yesterday. 1 had a legit cart the other didnt. the employees never even looked at my ds even when i had to ask them to turn the event on.
I am wutz good
NeonOctopus 10 years ago#37
wutzgood 10 years ago#38
i went there at about 11 yesterday and they said it didnt start till 2:30 pm.
I am wutz good
Navex 10 years ago#39
That's why you never go to these things opening day or even when the store first opens.
Ilovepeasoup 10 years ago#40
Well, being that I started this thread and now am in possession of 2 shiny Raikous (Heartgold & Platinum), when I walked into gamestop, I asked the lady behind the counter about the event and she asked me if I had my DS on me and she showed me where to download them. Via wireless. I was in and out of gamestop in a minute.
...and it just so happens that I strongly dislike pea soup.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. How does the Gamestop event work?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A