• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. The chance of finding a shiny starter (and how long it could take!)

User Info: Oak_Tea

Oak_Tea
9 years ago#21
Something is wrong here. (Actually, you just reversed A and C somewhere along the line, but it's still funny.)

Oops! Dammit. I was working backwards in my file where I kept the numbers.. And was going forwards (1-3 shinies) everywhere else. Forgot to correct that... Hehe, I wish it was that likely to get three shinies.

Apparently you can now see whether the starter is shiny on the screen (when you're asked to choose, and can cycle between their Pokeballs), so yep, should be fine.

Ah, great! Thanks for the clarification. =)
"i pooped in donkey kong country and it had no floor either." - Drag0nX777

User Info: Ampharos64

Ampharos64
9 years ago#22
It can certainly still be abused, though (fairly easily if you hatch a Pokemon). It is based on your SID, and the DS's clock. Here's info on how: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52180
though I don't think you could in this case, and as far as I know it's unknown yet if HG/SS use the same RNG (would need a new method of advancing it for hatching anyway).
Pokemon Platinum: 4340 0070 7056
Member of the Evolution Trade Station

User Info: agoogua

agoogua
9 years ago#23
No I haven't been hanging out on the final fantasy board, like I said I don't understand the Pokemon RNG and was just going on what I've gathered.
PKMN Platinum Friend Code: FC: Dave 3652 9687 1064
[This signature was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. The chance of finding a shiny starter (and how long it could take!)
  • Topic Archived