• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Astro Boy: The Video Game
  3. wtf, Astroboy looks so different in this game for some reason......

User Info: G1ingy

G1ingy
9 years ago#1
Astroboy looks REALLY different in the cover for some reason...........

Not to sound like a disturbing creep or anything......but isnt astroboy supposed to have nothing but a pair of shoes and red underwear on?? His body is supposed to be featureless.....and his face looks awkward in 3D.........

Of course....I havent seen Astroboy in a LONG time....so maybe thats why he looks weird to me now...

User Info: blastprocessing

blastprocessing
9 years ago#2
He's based on the movie coming out this month.

http://www.astroboy-themovie.com/
The finger thing means the taxes - PTA parent

User Info: erbastez

erbastez
9 years ago#3
And its Hollywood made...

G1ingy
9 years ago#4
wtf...WHY!? Why Hollywood!??!

Wait, is that why this Astroboy looks so ugly!? Because hollywood made it??

WHY must Hollywood snatch things from other countries just to bastardize it?

User Info: erbastez

erbastez
9 years ago#5
After watching the trailer, there's no Jap style in this movie at all. Looks promising despite the character designs...

How was Dragon Ball and Speed Racer btw, didn't watch both movies. I heard DB was a flop or so people say...

User Info: lambchips

lambchips
9 years ago#6
^ i really enjoyed speed racer tbh

the style the movie was presented in was great, it had no japanese style to it, but for some reason i really enjoyed it

the characters were deep and constantly moving (personality wise)
and the plot exceeded my expectations

but then again before the movie came out, i thought its just a kids movies etc

but after watching it, i couldnt believe how i was bad mouthing the movie before i've even seen it...
after this experience i dont spurt out my comments until im familar with what im talking about

but then again this is comming from a person that hasnt heard of speed racer until hes seen the movie
the world ends with you PIN WIKI
http://wiki.multipurposechives.com/index.php?title=The_World_Ends_With_You_Pins_List

G1ingy
9 years ago#7
Great...now you have me thinking about that dreaded hollywood dragonball movie again....ugh.

So many things wrong with that movie...so so so many things.

I know the movie was supposed to cater to american audiences, but did they HAVE to screw up Goku, the MAIN CHARACTER's race?? I know the manga says he's an "alien", but it still depicts him as....well definately a race that isn't whatever the actor for live-action Goku was. Also, they made Piccolo pasty white instead of Green (with a touch of pink)....Oozaru being....not a giant monkey monster, and loads more changes......it was horrible through and through and only serves to teach Hollywood to STOP licensing anime to make crappy movies out of.....

They still havent learned

User Info: OmniMidKnight

OmniMidKnight
9 years ago#8
"I know the movie was supposed to cater to american audiences, but did they HAVE to screw up Goku, the MAIN CHARACTER's race?? I know the manga says he's an "alien", but it still depicts him as....well definately a race that isn't whatever the actor for live-action Goku was. Also, they made Piccolo pasty white instead of Green (with a touch of pink)....Oozaru being....not a giant monkey monster, and loads more changes......it was horrible through and through and only serves to teach Hollywood to STOP licensing anime to make crappy movies out of....."

while they did take certain liberties with the dragonball movie... The movie itself wasnt bad... it just wasnt what most people were expecting.. (just like with speed racer, another good movie that people claimed was crap!) The only few things that really upset me were:

1. The complete and utter lack of krillin... i mean if they were gonna change up the story... they might as well have added him in!

2. The guy who played yamcha..... nuff said... i mean what the hell was wrong with that guy? i mean other than being abnormally homely...

3. The whole plot twist for Oozaru and Piccolo... it was unnessicary.... so why?

4. The biggest upset was the dragon.... if they had gotten this right i could have forgotten about everything else... but when i saw that, it seemed like it was less dragon ball and more of a traditional kung fu movie based off of dragon ball...

All in all the movie itself was good... there just seemed to be a few too many changes to the story line to consider it truly dragon ball....
Pokemon D: (Knight) 1633 0669 2077
Co-Leader/Member Of Team Taco!!

User Info: Rayder

Rayder
9 years ago#9
Astroboy looks like The "Bob's Big Boy" restaurant mascot in a fancy space suit.

I just hope the game is at least as good as the old GBA game......but I doubt it. It's par of the course for them to royally screw up great game concepts nowadays.

G1ingy
9 years ago#10
Honestly cant see how they'd find a perfect actor for Krillin....in the story, by that point he was an adult....with the height of a kid....and bald....

Try finding a good actor for someone like that.....then again, they completely effed up trying to recreate Goku....
The only time Hollywood screwed up a characters race just as bad was when they cast John Wayne as Genghis Kahn....
  1. Boards
  2. Astro Boy: The Video Game
  3. wtf, Astroboy looks so different in this game for some reason......
  • Topic Archived