• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Any love interests in this game?

User Info: DoomIntern

DoomIntern
8 years ago#1
Started as a female character for the hell of it. But was wondering if there was any canon love interests or character gender in general..

User Info: Crimson Grog

Crimson Grog
8 years ago#2
Not really. There are some characters you can sleep with but no long-term relationship or anything like that.
Are druids still bug? -happyscrub1
No Sum durids are bare, and sum durids r cat (which iz 4 fite); but no durids are bugz -ShadowEdgeX

User Info: DoomIntern

DoomIntern
8 years ago#3

User Info: red255

red255
8 years ago#4
almost any love is up to the player to decide. obviously there are mods but except for a minor fondness I don't think the game gets into it. hell I think the player cares more for ED-E than human females in most games.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

User Info: LeBurns63

LeBurns63
8 years ago#5
I seriously hated that Cassidy and Veronica couldn't be romanced. I would have thought those two would be easy to work out. Bummer.
When comforting a grammar Nazi, I pat them softly on the shoulder and say "There, Their, They're"

User Info: jonas66

jonas66
8 years ago#6
As a female character, amusingly, you're almost entirely limited to lesbian relationships, too. There's only one male character by the vanilla game that a female can get busy with (well, choice of two between Santiago or Old Ben). The only other male character is gay, and only gives his services to male PCs.

As for Veronica and Cass, I'm guessing that they didn't put in romance because then they'd have to do it with all the companions (perhaps excepting Rex, Ed-E, maybe Lily?), probably involving a unique quest, etc. Would have probably been inconsistent with their in-game endings, too.
How much of rational behavior is only rational when rationalized?

User Info: SlashmanSG

SlashmanSG
8 years ago#7
jonas66 posted...
There's only one male character by the vanilla game that a female can get busy with (well, choice of two between Santiago or Old Ben).

Don't forget Benny.

jonas66
8 years ago#8
Yes, that's true. But that's a one-time deal, isn't it? Even if you, ya'know, don't kill him after it's over?

User Info: LeBurns63

LeBurns63
8 years ago#9
jonas66 posted...
As a female character, amusingly, you're almost entirely limited to lesbian relationships, too. There's only one male character by the vanilla game that a female can get busy with (well, choice of two between Santiago or Old Ben). The only other male character is gay, and only gives his services to male PCs.

As for Veronica and Cass, I'm guessing that they didn't put in romance because then they'd have to do it with all the companions (perhaps excepting Rex, Ed-E, maybe Lily?), probably involving a unique quest, etc. Would have probably been inconsistent with their in-game endings, too.

Wait, you can get with someone? As in a one time thing or multiple times?
When comforting a grammar Nazi, I pat them softly on the shoulder and say "There, Their, They're"

jonas66
8 years ago#10
Sara Weinstraub and Red Lucy are presented as friendly partners (basically, sex you don't have to pay for), after completing particular quests for them. Dazzle in Gomorrah, a guy who's name escapes me in Freeside, and Old Ben/Santiago all offer their services for cash, either from the onset or after completing quests.

It's just an outfit switch to the sleepwear and a fade to black. Unless, ya'know, mods and such.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Any love interests in this game?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A