• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Confirmed Bachelor is a gay perk

User Info: NoOneEvenCares

NoOneEvenCares
8 years ago#21
@Topic Title: All I have to say about that is "Precisely".

The sad thing is that I also did not realize this was the case until most of the way through my first playthrough.

User Info: Bardockpwnsjoo

Bardockpwnsjoo
8 years ago#22
The game doesn't force anything on you. Let's face it, it's not that damn complex. Just because the option to lie is there mean's jack ****. It means you either choose to lie about helping him in order to double cross him, or to actually help him. If you lie, once agian it's just MANIPULATION. The damn picture shows you standing over the over dude with a knife. The meaning is clear to anyone who isn't so overwhelmed by homophobia that they can't see the colors of a rainbow.

It IS a gay perk, in that you can say some pretty gay things to gay men. But the meaning is obvious that it forces you into anything, it forces you into the role of a manipulator. It all comes back the same thing. It's an open-world RPG with little to no backstory on the main character in-game. He is who I say he is, not what some homophobes on GameBLOGS say he is.

Besides, 10% more damage on males is far more useful than the Lady Killer alternative.
L1, L2, L2, Up, Down, Down, Up, R1, R2, R2 - Use for N.O.E.

User Info: Mascara_Snake

Mascara_Snake
8 years ago#23
I'm not homophobic. :(
98% of signatures are true.
If this is one of the 2%, never mind.

User Info: Mascara_Snake

Mascara_Snake
8 years ago#24

From: Bardockpwnsjoo | #022Just because the option to lie is there mean's jack ****. It means you either choose to lie about helping him in order to double cross him, or to actually help him.

But, that was my point. :|

It doesn't just say give the option "I'll help you out" (or whatever) and then you choose after the fact whether you were lying to him or not. It gives two distinct options for the sake of knowing whether your character is manipulating him or not.

The Lady Killer perk shows a dude ready to backstab a woman as well, but I don't think people would argue he's purely trying to manipulate women and not to have sex with them ._. Hell, the Lady Killer conversation option with that guitar playing dude doesn't even manipulate him, it just implies that you banged some lady like 17 years ago someplace.

Same thing with Confirmed Bachelor, there's an option with Cass that doesn't manipulate her at all, it just implies you swing one way, and she's like "Ooookay."
98% of signatures are true.
If this is one of the 2%, never mind.

User Info: gaara999999

gaara999999
8 years ago#25

From: Bardockpwnsjoo | Posted: 12/10/2010 10:59:56 PM | #022 GameBLOGS

It's not GameBLOGS, it's BlogFAQs.

Dear BlogFAQs

I managed to correct a mistake on the FONV board. It makes me feel happy inside! I also think that this topic is kind of stupid, because this IS a RPG game, if you want your character to be gay, he can be gay, with or without perks. But that is just my 2 cents and most likely everyone just thinks I'm trolling and takes everything I say as a joke.
Your Existance is a plothole - Kaiolini
You aren't on YouTube so this makes your topic not real so hurhurhur. -Drekerr
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Confirmed Bachelor is a gay perk
  • Topic Archived