• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Game is unplayable after reaching double digit save file

User Info: LinkIsSpartan

LinkIsSpartan
6 years ago#1
When it hits 10mb, the game f***s up somehow. The frames literally drop to 2-3 a second, it is unplayable...AND recently this game came up on Essentials...i dont know how this game made it on the ps3 in the first place. I never overwrite data, i got quicksave off and i clear cache everytime i start and even then after 20-30mins it becomes unplayable. I got the ultimate edition BTW

Either buy the normal version or buy this on a different platform altogether
Hand over your flesh, and a new world awaits you..

User Info: tri sapphire

tri sapphire
6 years ago#2
Odd. I've reached at least 12 mb on more than two playthroughs. I think my max before running out of stuff to do and ending it was around 15 mb. Worst it got was being forced to reset once every couple of hours, and even then mainly when it involved going to Red Rock Canyon.
"If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed...I must simply laugh!!."- Magus

User Info: drclaeys

drclaeys
6 years ago#3
Friends,

I call what this game suffers from "Memory leak". its what the old windows system programs has years ago... when you called they help desk, the first think they told you. " REBOOT'. Well its that same thing.

it seems like it trys to store every think you have done or touched in memory at the same time. if you file is big, this stuff to store is huge, and it just clogs up the processor.

I find that just turning off my game, turning off my ps3, then turn both back on, fixes this problem. but you can only go like 1 hour, and it comes back.

There has been times I NEVER finish this game, because it got to bad. My last run, I did all the game, and all 4 dlc's through until the end. I was amazed.

Some times it LOOKS like you are frozen in VATS. but really, its just taking like 2 minutes to process. I turn my game on very easy, and try not to use vats all the time. take LOTS of saves.

Good luck.
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Now playing: Saints Row 2, Dragons Dogma: DA PSN: DrClaeys | Vica | 125 Mage

User Info: EricCrapton

EricCrapton
6 years ago#4
It can become unplayable well before you even reach the 10mb mark. Clearing the cache and sometimes just simply waiting for a few hours will help out. However, waiting while on hardcore mode can be a bad idea if you don't have water or food on you. Hope that somewhat helps.
Keith Hernandez!

User Info: WillOfTheD

WillOfTheD
6 years ago#5
that happened to me on skyrim. the worst that happens to me on this is that i have take the disc out every few hours because the lags get really bad.
-Infamous-

User Info: Shotgunner

Shotgunner
6 years ago#6
I'm having the same issue with the regular version, though it took getting to a 12 MB save file for the frame rate to start to suffer. Now, when it happens I save as soon as possible, quit the game for a few hours, and when I reload it later I'll wait for 72 hours so random stuffs will disappear. Usually I'll grab EVERYTHING that is lying around and dump it in containers(unless it's marked as owned and would be considered stealing), so it's less work that the processor has to do(doesn't have to render the item, just list it in a container list). This usually helps cut down on how bad things get.
You know you've played too much XCOM when you cosplay a soldier from the original Microprose game, not the 2K Games remake

User Info: kentuckyfr1ed

kentuckyfr1ed
6 years ago#7
LinkIsSpartan posted...
When it hits 10mb, the game f***s up somehow. The frames literally drop to 2-3 a second, it is unplayable...AND recently this game came up on Essentials...i dont know how this game made it on the ps3 in the first place. I never overwrite data, i got quicksave off and i clear cache everytime i start and even then after 20-30mins it becomes unplayable. I got the ultimate edition BTW

Either buy the normal version or buy this on a different platform altogether

Having the same issue after my file went 10 mb.

User Info: JustinFF

JustinFF
6 years ago#8
2 DLCs and 70-75 hours are your max for the PS3 version.

User Info: kentuckyfr1ed

kentuckyfr1ed
6 years ago#9
Well, I'm down to the last DLC. Wish me luck! It's either that or I move onto the GTA4 dlc plus whatever else is on the backlog.

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
6 years ago#10
JustinFF posted...
2 DLCs and 70-75 hours are your max for the PS3 version.

I've done all three and have a save file that goes well over 100 hours and is well past the 10mb mark. Game works fine for me save for random slowdowns after anywhere between four to six hours, but I'm hardly ever playing it for more than an hour or two anyway so that's no big problem.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Game is unplayable after reaching double digit save file
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers