Favorite weapons and Outfits?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Favorite weapons and Outfits?

User Info: MrDrSirLord1337

MrDrSirLord1337
3 months ago#31
Id likely have made a build alot like this, though i probably would have skiped on trigger discipline for trigger happy on a dps build. but now thinking about it though the accuracy on stuff like the avevenger and spartle wood is bad enough, so yea trigger discipline it is.

I also would skip a few of your "fun" perks just out of personal preference and maybe hit the deck because I'm gonna be wearing remnants armour anyway.
I'd also obviously skip pack rat if I don't do hardcore as I'm not always in the mood for hardcore but its more fun imo so maybe I will do it.

Then I can fill up those vacant perk spots with some of the camping/survival perks and become a drug fueled gatling gun toting armoured psychopath.
I know humor is easy to misunderstand on the internet so try not to take anything rude I say the wrong way, I don't want to offend.
Also MultiPlatformMasterRace

User Info: roboemperor

roboemperor
3 months ago#32
Definitely ditch all of the fun perks. That's why I labeled them as fun, so you'd know to skip them.

I think it's a mistake to pass on Hit the Deck though. No.1 threat to me in FO3 and NV were rocket launchers. I get that perk solely for rocket launchers.

If I were a power gamer to the max I'd grab intense training to boost my Perception for Better Criticals. In any case there aren't a lot of +dam perks so feel free to grab whatever perks you find to your taste.

Just remember to max Barter a.s.a.p.. Barter gives you more damage than Energy Weapons because it gives you really early access to that unique recharger pistol which is a beast early game, and Sprtel-Wood. Barter #1, Energy Weapon #2, Repair #3, and the rest doesn't matter so up to you. Science might be required for some prerequisites though.

MrDrSirLord1337
3 months ago#33
Fallout 3 yea, explosives are a big threat especially with the Broken Steel DLC. But in NV I've never been killed by someone elses explosives after my initial first blind playthrough, because of the lack of RNG and random encounters in NV you know what sorta fight your getting into.
(Excluding Old World Blues and those random lobotimites jumping you every 5sec)

However I have killed myself with my own explosions plenty trying to use them in too close a proximity on an explosives only playthrough.
Good times.
I know humor is easy to misunderstand on the internet so try not to take anything rude I say the wrong way, I don't want to offend.

User Info: FreeMan5407

FreeMan5407
3 months ago#34
MrDrSirLord1337 posted...
Lol, good too hear energy dps isn't as weak as thought. Just bothersome to maintain.

I originally had a bad experience with energy DPS is all, only ever tried it on an poor Energy build that I played VERY offensively and was like this gatling gun sucks give me back my rifle.

I might try out some DPS on my next build

Actually energy DPS is the highest of all other types in the game, because most energy weapons shoot fast , have good critical chances and critical dmg, gatling laser and laer got the highest dps

Max charge ammo actually increase both dmg and critical dmg plus armor penetration, however is a bit expensive , but doesn't matter since caps and ammo isn't a problem in the game

Use Opt ammo for low-mid tier enemies and max charge for high tier enemies like deathclaws
GOW will sold over 10 millions copies, and PS4 at the end of the gen , it will sold more than the original PS and close to the PS2 numbers

User Info: roboemperor

roboemperor
3 months ago#35
FreeMan5407 posted...
Max charge ammo actually increase both dmg and critical dmg plus armor penetration, however is a bit expensive , but doesn't matter since caps and ammo isn't a problem in the game

Amassing 40,000 ECP for 16,000 max charge ammo for every excursion is a problem. Caps aren't a problem but the shop stocks are.

User Info: FreeMan5407

FreeMan5407
3 months ago#36
roboemperor posted...
FreeMan5407 posted...

Amassing 40,000 ECP for 16,000 max charge ammo for every excursion is a problem. Caps aren't a problem but the shop stocks are.

There is no need to buy that much considering the recycling and the looting plus buying from other shops accross the map/DLC, you can find 300+ MFC in one location thats near a 1,000 ECP just by playing it normally

If i'm not mistaken 1 MFC = 3 ECP , so 40,000+ECP ain't much and you don't need that many either if you do a balance with OPT ammo

Only certain DLC bosses and enemies take a good amount of ammo rounds and in vanilla only certain turrets and enemies in PA resist a little bit , the rest of the enemies die fast including deathclaws (very hard mode)
GOW will sold over 10 millions copies, and PS4 at the end of the gen , it will sold more than the original PS and close to the PS2 numbers

User Info: Lonewolf80

Lonewolf80
3 months ago#37
My favourite weapon is the Gobe Campaign Desert Sniper Rifle, good for taking out a herd of Deathclaws from a safe distance. I'm a hunter and enjoy taking out creatures giving the humans a hard time.

As for armor, I like the Desert Ranger Combat Armor. I like how sinister it looks with the glowing red eye holes.

User Info: ThE_JaGgEd_EdGe

ThE_JaGgEd_EdGe
2 months ago#38
1st Recon Beret, Sunglasses, and Joshua Graham's armor. I've worn it in every playthrough.

MrDrSirLord1337
2 months ago#39
You should try getting the Lucky Shades from the legion safe house @ThE_JaGgEd_EdGe
They have the same physical appearance as sunglasses but provide a luck boost, I don't think it's as good without the four eyes trait though.

Only problem is to gain access to the legion safe house with out cheating is a pain if your not planning a legion play through. The lucky shades are also in Fallout 3, but their much easier to obtain.

User Info: ZebraKingGaming

ZebraKingGaming
2 months ago#40
My Favourite Weapon(s):
Alien Pistol = (Wild Wasteland) North of the Horowitz Farmstead.
Tesla Beaten Prototype = Vertibird Crash Site (WARNING) Lots of Robots.

My Favourite Apparel:
Elite Riot Gear = (Lonesome Road) Two Locations, Search on Youtube.
1st Recon Beret = Various Locations, One is Boone's Friend's Beret when Boone kills him.
Authority Glasses = Favourite Location is Near the Vertibird Crash Site. Just Easy in a little WatchTower bit.

Companion(s):
ED-E
Boone
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Favorite weapons and Outfits?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived