• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Does confirmed bachelor make you gay? Or just a really reliable friend?

User Info: PrisonChile

PrisonChile
7 years ago#1
topic
Im never happy, just less sad.

User Info: RedSocialKnight

RedSocialKnight
7 years ago#2
Since we are living in the dystopian future whose past is the utopian future imagined in the 1950s, there can be no "gay." There is only marriage or ... discretion.

But from the way the Confirmed Bachelor perk is described, I don't think it makes you a friend to men at all. I think makes you good at stabbing them, whether in the face or in the heart, as you prefer.
"I was born of a whore and bred as an assassin. All I know is pleasure and death. What room is there in these things for love?" -- Zevran

User Info: DEV1ANTGAMER

DEV1ANTGAMER
7 years ago#3
Why would you even play a guy character to begin with? Lol kidding.

Anyway, nah it doesn't make you "gay" it doesn't FORCE you to pick any of the speech options and even if you do you could chalk that up to just having a really good understanding of how guys think >.>. I take it just for the damage boost to be honest since the overwhelming majority of human enemies are male.

User Info: KutKuSlayer

KutKuSlayer
7 years ago#4
on one hand, it opens up flirty dialogue options with a few NPC's such as Arcade Gannon and Major Knight, but on the other hand it makes you better at killing male characters :P
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY TOPIC???__carwreck__
[REPAIR 85] Helios one cab give peer too if fixed.

User Info: jakezing33

jakezing33
7 years ago#5
it makes you bi.
Currently Playing: Sims 2, Civilization V, Fallout 3 & Minecraft

DEV1ANTGAMER
7 years ago#6
Bros before hoes man. Totally not gay.

User Info: grand_kaizer

grand_kaizer
7 years ago#7
It opens up the homosexual dialogue choices, so yeah, in essence that's what it is. You don't have to pick them, but they'll pop up from time to time once you've got it.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959557-fallout-new-vegas/60421043
You don't have to be a fan of Fallout, just a fan of a decent read.

User Info: LancetJades

LancetJades
7 years ago#8
It doesn't make you gay, it makes you effective at exploiting men.
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.

DEV1ANTGAMER
7 years ago#9
If it really bothers you THAT much you could just make a female character then use the old standby excuses of "I'd rather look at a woman's assets while I play" or "The female character has a smaller hitbox." Neither will work very well if you're into bulky shape-erasing power armour, but otherwise you may as well just do it.

User Info: Sange13

Sange13
7 years ago#10
It's meant to be analogous to Black Widow, which is a reference to a spider that the female kills the male after mating with him. So yeah, it's a homosexual thing, but also a "I'm going to kill you dead" kind of thing.
Bump.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Does confirmed bachelor make you gay? Or just a really reliable friend?
  • Topic Archived