• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. *SPOILERS* Dead Money: Is Christine...?

User Info: Jeriakimefu

Jeriakimefu
8 years ago#1

Is Christine actually Veronica's long lost lesbian love partner? and what's the evidence that convinces people of this? I heard people talking about it on here before, and I myself had a feeling about it too but I'm not completely sure. The way Christine mentions how Father Elijah separated her from her lover sounds more "forceful" than the way Veronica describes her separation (was Elijah even mentioned in Veronica's version of the love story thing?).

Maybe it's coincidence and there just happens to be a lot of lesbian BoS scribes with sad love stories.

User Info: Shadowmaster_M

Shadowmaster_M
8 years ago#2
If you ask if she's lost her husband, she shakes her head and you're prompted to rephrase it as "girlfriend", which she agrees more readily with.
--
Das Feuer liebt mich.
Das Feuer liebt mich nicht.

User Info: KungPoo

KungPoo
8 years ago#3

oh it's just chance two lesbian bos members lose their lovers from the past and they also where scribes

and ones captured by/with elijah......yeah pure chance

IT"S HER, lol

User Info: Ray_MK_III

Ray_MK_III
8 years ago#4
Is Christine actually Veronica's long lost lesbian love partner?

It's implied, but never explicitly stated one way or the other.

Related Note: This whole business with Christine and Veronica was the one thing that really bugged me about not being able to bring the Dead Money companions back to the Mojave. I would have liked to see the two of them reunited.
Ray_MK_III: Spouting philosophy and defending all that is awesome since 2006.
:O

Jeriakimefu
8 years ago#5
True, but Christine makes it sound like Father Elijah forced them apart, while Veronica makes it sound like "love wasn't enough" and her secret lover left of her own free will.

User Info: Cena44

Cena44
8 years ago#6
Veronica said Father Elija was like a dad to her.Maybe he really sent Christine off or forced her away from Veronica because he didn't want them to be together.Veronica might think Christine left from her own free will when she didn't.
CNN Reporter: "What do you feel when you shoot those men?"
U.S.Soldier: "Recoil".

User Info: Ray_MK_III

Ray_MK_III
8 years ago#7
True, but Christine makes it sound like Father Elijah forced them apart, while Veronica makes it sound like "love wasn't enough" and her secret lover left of her own free will.

Well, Christine left the Brotherhood in order to get revenge on Elijah for what he did to her. As it turns out, Elijah was Veronica's mentor. Can you imagine how awkward it would be if you told your significant other that you were leaving him or her behind, possibly forever, in order to hunt down and kill someone that served as his or her trusted teacher? When you take that into consideration, it's more than likely that Christine told Veronica a lie about the real reason she left, which explains the discrepancy.
Heh.

User Info: TJORLY

TJORLY
8 years ago#8

Jeriakimefu posted...

No. Veronica said her lover's parents made them seperate.

Jeriakimefu
8 years ago#9

Ray_MK_III posted...

Well, Christine left the Brotherhood in order to get revenge on Elijah for what he did to her. As it turns out, Elijah was Veronica's mentor. Can you imagine how awkward it would be if you told your significant other that you were leaving him or her behind, possibly forever, in order to hunt down and kill someone that served as his or her trusted teacher? When you take that into consideration, it's more than likely that Christine told Veronica a lie about the real reason she left, which explains the discrepancy.
---
Heh.

Interesting theory. I just wish Obsidian explained this relationship/situation out a little more. I feel like the DLC intentionally left way more questions than answers.

User Info: Shadowmaster_M

Shadowmaster_M
8 years ago#10
It seems just a bit strange that you can mention Elijah to her but not Christine. You'd think she'd want to know...
Das Feuer liebt mich.
Das Feuer liebt mich nicht.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. *SPOILERS* Dead Money: Is Christine...?
  • Topic Archived