Friend of the Night Perk: Useful or Annoying?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Friend of the Night Perk: Useful or Annoying?

User Info: disturbedfan248

disturbedfan248
7 years ago#11
ahh yes, i ignored the first part
GT- Handicaptain

User Info: yatola

yatola
7 years ago#12
K FINAL analysis.

You CAN see in low-light interiors, but only at NIGHT? is that the right description?

User Info: D_Gryphon

D_Gryphon
7 years ago#13

K FINAL analysis.

You CAN see in low-light interiors, but only at NIGHT? is that the right description?

That's the idea I believe. From the wiki:

This perk seems to follow the clock rather than ambient lighting conditions. During daytime hours in a cave you have much more darkness than inside the same cave at night.
oh, who wanna hate the witty lurker
who follow y'all on the late, dressed like a city worker

User Info: Sczoyd

Sczoyd
7 years ago#14
If it were available in Fallout 3, then maybe it would have been nice since you get a perk every level there. In New Vegas you have to pick your perks more carefully, and this isn't worth it at all.

User Info: Evan_Arrrr

Evan_Arrrr
7 years ago#15
^

Meh, I got it for the roleplay aspect. I've picked up a few perks that everyone here seems to think are "useless."

I don't think perks are really necessary in the first place - you can't really WASTE a perk, unless you do something like take educated at level 12 or something.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room."
- President Merkin Muffley, Dr. Strangelove

User Info: Nanila

Nanila
7 years ago#16
The script for the perk is:

If GetCurrentTime >= 20.25 || GetCurrentTime <= 5.75 && Player.HasPerk FriendOfTheNight

It does list a script for being in a interior BUT that script is after the time check, so it looks at the time first. Basically it only works at 8:30pm-6am
This is what game designers like to call 'balanced gameplay' which roughly translates to 'you can have fun just as long as something's slightly irritating you.'

User Info: Evan_Arrrr

Evan_Arrrr
7 years ago#17
It does list a script for being in a interior BUT that script is after the time check, so it looks at the time first.

Looks like poor programming to me. The description is pretty clear that it should work in low-light interiors regardless of the time. There would be no need for the interiors portion of the script if it were only based on time of day.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room."
- President Merkin Muffley, Dr. Strangelove

User Info: D_Gryphon

D_Gryphon
7 years ago#18

^

Meh, I got it for the roleplay aspect. I've picked up a few perks that everyone here seems to think are "useless."

Same here.
oh, who wanna hate the witty lurker
who follow y'all on the late, dressed like a city worker
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Friend of the Night Perk: Useful or Annoying?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived