• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom
  3. HELP! I want to try out Hakuoki but don't know where to start

User Info: tuna-egg

tuna-egg
6 years ago#1
I just got into otome games after playing the excellent "Chou no Doku, Hana no Kusari" on my Vita and now I'd like to try some of the other more popular ones - from my research, it seems HAKUOKI fits the bill?

The question is, where do I start? I realize there are Hakuoki games in English on PSP and 3DS. I have a DS, 3DS, and Vita but no PSP. There's also a Hakuoki game on Vita (JP) that I heard has good graphics and character movement.

I can read Japanese so I don't mind getting the Japanese versions if that's the best route to go. Personally, I'm tempted to get the Vita version but I don't know if it's the right entry point into the series.
I don't have a vita so I haven't played it myself but from what I understand the vita game is a port of the original game plus a couple of extra mini games so that would be a great entry point. The English 3DS game and one of the PSP games are also the original game though they don't come with the cute mini games that the vita version has.
"We must abandon our machina ways and turn to chocobos! It's the only path to salvation!" - Prophet, FFX-2

User Info: tuna-egg

tuna-egg
6 years ago#3
^Thanks,CK Reika! It seems the Vita version would be a good entry point.

Now I just have to choose between Hakuoki and Amnesia V....
  1. Boards
  2. Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom
  3. HELP! I want to try out Hakuoki but don't know where to start
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A