• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: sejembalm

sejembalm
7 years ago#1
I was pleasantly surprised to see Aksys selling a PSP game in North America, seeing that the industry here views the PSP as obsolete and hardly any new physical (non-download-only) games are being made for it. Be fair, the PSP handheld console is close to being nine years old (released in Japan in 2004), and that's a long run for a video game console.

Aksys did a terrific job importing Gladiator Begins in 2010, a wonderful sword fighting game, set in the ancient Roman arenas and Aksys made a terrific port of Muramasa Rebirth to the PS Vita, so they have a good reputation of sword fighting games. Looking at a few YouTube videos, I saw some scenes of Hakuoki: Warriors Of The Shinsengumi and it looked like a pretty good samurai action and fighting game. But I bought this sequel to try it out because it was far less expensive.

Well, I found out this was not an action game, but a story-driven girl's romance game with decision-dependant gameplay, sort of like those old pick-your-path books where you make decisions that influence the progression of the story. Refreshing to see such a different kind of game being marketed in the US (games in Japan have a wider variety than what we get), but this game can be a bit deceptive as it looks like a samurai action game, not an anime-themed visual novel.

I should have checked the description in GameFAQs before making that purchase.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A