• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom
  3. Is this game ONLY for female gamers?

User Info: GamingPandas

GamingPandas
7 years ago#1
Hi guys, I really like the VN elements of Akyss's another game such as BlazeBlue and Fate/Extra.

This game looks really nice and I'm thinking of picking it up digitally on the Vita store. But is this game ONLY for female gamers?

Is anyone here a male and still plays and still enjoys this game?

User Info: GhettoVenger

GhettoVenger
7 years ago#2
I actually picked up and played through it once (as a straight guy, mind) because a friend lent it to me.

It's, uh...I actually want to like it, because I'm a Shinsengumi fan and a history nerd to boot. But the plot is abysmally weak. There are way too many story elements, and they just don't mesh at all. I get the feeling the plot was changed several times in development, because there are threads that go absolutely nowhere. You have a game about the Shinsengumi, which would make for a great game; then you have a game about demons, which would also make for a great game; and finally, there's a game about a girl in a really tough situation looking for her dad, which would also work. Together, though, its just one big clusterfuffle.

I will say that the characters are pretty great, but the game is too short to really showcase them. And yet way too long considering how bad the main plot is.

This is a long-winded way of saying: no, not really. I'd get it for my little sister, since she rates everything based on how hot the male leads are (she watches Supernatural, for christs sake), but not for someone who just wants a good story.

And, uh, I didn't even think the romance was all that great?
(6:47) (Shotgun) D.McNabb pass short right to D.McNabb ran ob at PHI 17 for 1 yard.
  1. Boards
  2. Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom
  3. Is this game ONLY for female gamers?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A