• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
Yes! Just got the DVD set today. Can't believe they shipped it out 3 weeks early but I'm not complaining. Took a quick peek at the dub version and gotta say it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Except for Hijikata, he was horrible. I hope he improves as the series goes on since he's such a major role. So far, based only on the first episode I'd say Sannan and Saito were the best and Hijikata and Nagakura were the worst. Though to be honest, I can't tell if Saito's actor is doing a good job or is a bad actor who lucked into the perfect role.
"We must abandon our machina ways and turn to chocobos! It's the only path to salvation!" - Prophet, FFX-2
Chocobo Knight Reika 7 years ago#2
Just noticed that Right Stuf has started taking pre-orders for the second season with a release date of December 25. Glad to see that we won't have to wait too long for more of the series.

After having the chance to watch the rest of the episodes dubbed, I did warm up a bit to Nagakura but sadly Hijikata never seemed to get better. Besides Saito and Sannan, I'll add Okita, Heisuke, Itou, and Kimigiku to the best list.
"We must abandon our machina ways and turn to chocobos! It's the only path to salvation!" - Prophet, FFX-2

User Info: Sakura_Rose91

Sakura_Rose91
7 years ago#3
Chocobo Knight Reika posted...
Yes! Just got the DVD set today. Can't believe they shipped it out 3 weeks early but I'm not complaining. Took a quick peek at the dub version and gotta say it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Except for Hijikata, he was horrible. I hope he improves as the series goes on since he's such a major role. So far, based only on the first episode I'd say Sannan and Saito were the best and Hijikata and Nagakura were the worst. Though to be honest, I can't tell if Saito's actor is doing a good job or is a bad actor who lucked into the perfect role.

I got mine around the same time 3 weeks early but I'm not complaining XD.

As for the cast while I applaud the dub cast for their effort for trying I think I prefer the Japanese version.

Greg as Todou was fine. He was whom I always thought would play him should the anime get dubbed. Amagiri Sannan, and Itou were appropriate.

Hijikata and Kondou were way to rough. For Hijikata I pictured Travis who played Roy in FMA.

Saito as my Fave the dub actor was ok but I liked the deep richness the Japanese actor had same with Kazama.

Harada saw that comming the second the cast was announced. The actor is known for some roles like that. Did bug me as much still not who I imagined

User Info: Sakura_Rose91

Sakura_Rose91
7 years ago#4
Sakura_Rose91 posted...
Chocobo Knight Reika posted...

I got mine around the same time 3 weeks early but I'm not complaining XD.

As for the cast while I applaud the dub cast for their effort for trying I think I prefer the Japanese version.

Greg as Todou was fine. He was whom I always thought would play him should the anime get dubbed. Amagiri Sannan, and Itou were appropriate.

Hijikata and Kondou were way to rough. For Hijikata I pictured Travis who played Roy in FMA.

Saito as my Fave the dub actor was ok but I liked the deep richness the Japanese actor had same with Kazama.

Harada saw that comming the second the cast was announced. The actor is known for some roles like that. Did bug me as much still not who I imagined

Whoops hit the wrong button. Continuing from my last post:

Chizuru I imagined having a sweeter voice than she did. Okita while I like the guy he needs more emotion sound likes just bored and doesn't seem to be capturing his personality.

Yamazaki, Inoue and shimada were well done.

Everyone else no could not bring myself to like them .

Still thank you Sentai for giving us this just be careful with your translations referring to the ep that says August 1964 instead of 1864.
I look forward to season 2. :)
Chocobo Knight Reika 7 years ago#5
Sakura_Rose91 posted...

Yeah, same here, though I wasn't really expecting otherwise.

Kazama's actor wasn't bad but he sounded so different that I had such a hard time thinking of him as Kazama.

Okita while I like the guy he needs more emotion sound likes just bored and doesn't seem to be capturing his personality.

Really? I didn't get bored from him, he seemed like he was enjoying the role to me. And the Okita charm still worked on me in English. Okita : "I'll kill you" Me: *swoon* XD Hijikata was the one who seemed bored and needed more emotion to me.

Still thank you Sentai for giving us this just be careful with your translations referring to the ep that says August 1964 instead of 1864.

There were quite a few typos. One of them even made it into the dub. I was blaming the actors for mispronouncing "Kyuju" in one scene then when I watched the subbed version I realized they were just pronouncing it exactly the way it was misspelled. Hopefully they'll do a better job catching those errors with the rest of the series.

I look forward to season 2. :)

Me too!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A