• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom
  3. Hakuouki Bakumatsu Musou Roku Screenshots
Yay! Gamefaqs posted my Hakuouki Bakumatsu Musou Roku screenshots.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/638910-hakuouki-bakumatsu-musou-roku/images

With all the scenes from the anime in this game it would make a great tie in for the release of the anime series here.
"We must abandon our machina ways and turn to chocobos! It's the only path to salvation!" - Prophet, FFX-2

User Info: Galdrar

Galdrar
8 years ago#2
Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I'm sure they'll release more of the games sooner or later. Probably Zuisouroku and Reimeiroku, though, not this one.

Your screenies are making it harder for me to resist the urge to import this game. From the videos I've seen, the gameplay looks bland and repetitive, even for a musou game, but part of me wants to play it at least once. What do you think of it? Is there anything interesting about it other than the fact that you get to control the Shinsengumi and kill stuff? Does the story follow Hijikata's route and the anime, or is it different for each character?
~reincarnated~
Chocobo Knight Reika 8 years ago#3
Galdrar posted...
Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I'm sure they'll release more of the games sooner or later. Probably Zuisouroku and Reimeiroku, though, not this one.

Yeah, I'm probably being too pessimistic (I hope I am) which is why I imported the rest of the games except Yuugi Roku. (Between the bad reviews and comments I've seen from others who've imported it, it doesn't sound worth the import price. But it's so damn cute looking.)

Personally, out of Zuisouroku, Reimeiroku, and Bakumatsu Musou Roku I think Zuisouroku has the least chance of being brought over. I adore it but
1) You really need to have played the first game to get the most out of it. Reimeiroku and Bakumatsu on the other hand work fine as standalones making them much better picks for attracting new people to the series.
2) It's the most girly of the games. Reimeiroku and Bakumatsu are more guy friendly which Aksys' marketing department would likely prefer.

Your screenies are making it harder for me to resist the urge to import this game. From the videos I've seen, the gameplay looks bland and repetitive, even for a musou game, but part of me wants to play it at least once. What do you think of it? Is there anything interesting about it other than the fact that you get to control the Shinsengumi and kill stuff? Does the story follow Hijikata's route and the anime, or is it different for each character?

Yeah, it is repetitive. That would be my biggest gripe about it. It's also short. You can finish a single route in about an hour and there are 12 routes total. (6 for each story mode.) Though to unlock everything you need to play each route on every difficulty. And yet I really enjoyed it. Though maybe I should mention that as much as I enjoyed the first game I felt it would've been better if it had some actual gameplay in it so Bakumatsu scratched that itch for me.

The game has 2 story modes. The first, Bakumatsu Musou Roku, is an original story set in an alternate reality. The story is nothing special, I'm not a fan of the new outfits (though I kind of like the new hairdos. Nice to see the guys let their hair down for a change.) and though the dialog changes for each guy the levels and bosses are exactly the same except for chapter 5 for Kazama and Harada. (Would've been weird to have Kazama fight himself.)

The second mode, Bakumatsu Kaisou Roku, is the story from the original game with stills and scenes from the anime. All of the guys routes are included though so it's less repetitive than the first mode. As an Okita fan, being able to kill Kaoru with Okita was very satisfying and I also really enjoyed beating up Hijikata with Kazama. Oh and getting to see the story from Kazama's perspective was interesting.

Don't know if you've seen them already but I've been putting up videos from the second story mode. So far I have Kazama's and Okita's route up and a very special Nagakura video where you can see me get my butt kicked on the oni difficulty. :D
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9DCE42D274FD9B84
"We must abandon our machina ways and turn to chocobos! It's the only path to salvation!" - Prophet, FFX-2

User Info: Galdrar

Galdrar
8 years ago#4
Well I get the impression that the first game has been quite successful (judging by the positive reviews), and if Aksys Games are cross-promoting the anime on their website, they must still have at least SOME interest in the series.

You're probably right. If they decide to release another Hakuouki game, they'll probably pick something more accessible to potential newcomers. As things stand, Reimeiroku seems to be the most likely option (even more so now that it got its own anime adaptation).

If Amazon JP reviews are anything to go by, Musouroku wasn't that well-received in Japan. Add to that the waning popularity of the PSP here, and I think it's unlikely that they'll want to bring it over anytime soon. Yeah, I doubt they're gonna bother with Zuisouroku PSP either, but what about Junsouroku? Releasing a console Visual Novel might be a risky proposition, but it's one way to attract new people while still catering to the current fanbase.

Chocobo Knight Reika posted...
The second mode, Bakumatsu Kaisou Roku, is the story from the original game with stills and scenes from the anime. All of the guys routes are included though so it's less repetitive than the first mode. As an Okita fan, being able to kill Kaoru with Okita was very satisfying and I also really enjoyed beating up Hijikata with Kazama. Oh and getting to see the story from Kazama's perspective was interesting.

Now, that's what I was hoping for! Multiple routes and the chance to beat certain characters up!

Don't know if you've seen them already but I've been putting up videos from the second story mode. So far I have Kazama's and Okita's route up and a very special Nagakura video where you can see me get my butt kicked on the oni difficulty. :D
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9DCE42D274FD9B84

Ahaha! I like these videos. The Nagakura fight in particular makes me wish there was a Hakuouki 1-on-1 fighting game with online multiplayer. Or that THIS game had an online co-op mode....

The gameplay videos I saw were uploaded right after the game came out. They didn't show anything from the second story mode. Thanks Reika! Gotta say it looks (and sounds) a lot better than I thought. I'm sold.
~reincarnated~
Chocobo Knight Reika 7 years ago#5
Galdrar posted...
You're probably right. If they decide to release another Hakuouki game, they'll probably pick something more accessible to potential newcomers. As things stand, Reimeiroku seems to be the most likely option (even more so now that it got its own anime adaptation).

Yep.

If Amazon JP reviews are anything to go by, Musouroku wasn't that well-received in Japan.

Well, Yuugi Roku got just as bad reviews and yet it's getting a sequel so... And it's coming out 5 days before the anime comes out here. The wrong country is getting the tie-in! XD

Add to that the waning popularity of the PSP here, and I think it's unlikely that they'll want to bring it over anytime soon. Yeah, I doubt they're gonna bother with Zuisouroku PSP either, but what about Junsouroku? Releasing a console Visual Novel might be a risky proposition, but it's one way to attract new people while still catering to the current fanbase.

Making the original game available to more people wouldn't be a bad idea though selfishly I'd prefer to see them release something on a system I actually own.

Ahaha! I like these videos. The Nagakura fight in particular makes me wish there was a Hakuouki 1-on-1 fighting game with online multiplayer. Or that THIS game had an online co-op mode....

I would've loved to have Dissida 012's ability to make your own quests. I could've had a lot of fun with something like that. Also would've loved to have the option to fight Serizawa so I can get revenge for all those times he's smacked me.
  1. Boards
  2. Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom
  3. Hakuouki Bakumatsu Musou Roku Screenshots
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A