• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: overlordofemo

overlordofemo
8 years ago#1
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-04-27/sentai-filmworks-adds-cluster-edge-hakuoki-upotte-anime

I've heard that the DVDs may start to release at some point in the Fall, though I don't have a source for that.

User Info: Sakura_Rose91

Sakura_Rose91
8 years ago#2
Oh boy let's hope they don't mess up. Don't get me wrong dubs don't normally bother me but sometimes getting the wrong person messes up the character.

User Info: yukito

yukito
8 years ago#3
Well, it'll have subs and the JP vocal track, so if you don't like the dub it's not a huge loss.
Wouldn't it be nice if we were just normal people, yeah?
-Yusketeers

User Info: SamsSung

SamsSung
8 years ago#4
Oh, I REALLY hope the DVD comes out soon! I've just done one playthrough so far, and am on a second runthrough. The series is brilliantly done, though I wish it had been dubbed into English.

Well, here's to hoping it turns out alright.
"Alas, poor Yorick. I knew him, Horatio!" - some guy in Shakespeare
"It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it..." - some guy on TV
The first season comes out September 25.
"We must abandon our machina ways and turn to chocobos! It's the only path to salvation!" - Prophet, FFX-2

User Info: Yamato_san

Yamato_san
8 years ago#6
yukito posted...
Well, it'll have subs and the JP vocal track, so if you don't like the dub it's not a huge loss.

that's true, but outside of Funimation, few anime are even dubbed anymore, so I guess some people would be concerned with them screwing it up (and, at worst, sparking enough of a negative reception that it warrants the company to not bother dubbing again). For the record, I greatly prefer subs, but dubs are alright (though I'll rarely go out of my way to watch them when I already saw the original, they provide a nice bit of variety on the occasions that I do). I can see why there are some fans, and really, there's little point arguing over which is superior just so long as we can have the option. That said, it's a bit of a shame that they're barely around nowadays.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A