• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: CecilDeviants

CecilDeviants
5 years ago#11
If you want an easy Time with this game choose normal and abuse the character Routier's "Manatic" it gives 100 sp to within range units. Most of the battles your bound to use your sp movrs.

User Info: Forced_Fruition

Forced_Fruition
5 years ago#12
It actually because it's endless and the only fight you need that power for is Baal and more item world ginding
PSN: Cannan216
3DS FC: 5387 - 0266 - 3798

User Info: Wolf_Lorius

Wolf_Lorius
5 years ago#13
Ive played bits of tales of graces, and most of symphonia, symphonia had way too much 'legend of zelda ' feel to the puzzles, beyond that was too easy for anyone who tends to get the best buyable eq when you first get to it by grinding.

The grinding in disgaea 1/2 is tedious unless you abuse certain set ups or know the game well enough to get certain gear/stats quick.

Soul nomads 'maijin' class destroyed any challenge or fun in the game was purely about stat grinding and/or item abuse.

Planning on returning to this to finish at least a blind test run after polishing off dragons dogma dark arisens trophy list, 44/51 and most of the 7 are gimmes with time.

Might give tales of graces a try, but doubt it goes well as im not a fan of 'zelda' type puzzles in rpgs. And if the map on graces is as bad as symphonia its going toward something else likely a different genre. Atlus seems to have shifted genres away from my preference in rpgs, ive grown to hate bethesda, and square enix , nis has gone cheap money grab tactics cutting regular content, and fan service out selling it as dlc..

Sacred 2 had too many map glitches, diablo 3 is good but highly repetitious, borderlands 1/2 got boring doing more than occasionally running through the campaign,

Got legasista, witch and the hundred knight and a few other rpgs to run through still.

Do the str up, hp up, etc carry over between playthroughs ? If so may start stocking those as well,

Does not getting the 'true ending' hurt the new game plus?

Thanks
Not an excessively social gamer

Forced_Fruition
5 years ago#14
With With and the Hundred knight make sure you save like 3 times per map even when it's easy since the game likes to boot you out to the psn menu.

I actually liked that game but had to quit like 11 maps in because it kept happening.

Wolf_Lorius
5 years ago#15
Oh ive read up on it some and constantly see 'freeze cant finish map need to start from scratch'

Finally broke through the rut with giganda turned out was a survive x turns or do y damage or such . As was the next rut i hit. Since then ive gotten into the scarred mountains and on the 3rd event fight finally, getting slaughtered too quick to set up a combo or end up getting vash to his 'crit hp' range just as i run out of ap with only sieg left and he drops a 50k-85k combo on him. Mind you siegs hp isnt much past 30k at full but usually sitting between 10-45% hp.

Wish they gave a more in-depth enhance/smithing tutorial or at least gave a better layout to the item lists i.e. iron bangle breaks down into iron circle or such info. Very very unfriendly in that regards. Didnt figure out how to get the active slot items until i was already in scarred mountains :-\

If i get stuck much longer im gonna end up having to ship my ps3 back to sony again 10+ times this year ive had to ship a ps3 back this year first with a different problem.

PSA if you deal with sony tech support send anything but a brand new one back as their fixes are temporary fixes. This ones full freezing regularly , more unpredictable as time passes , any loading at all gets it straining, psn stores absolutely atrocious to use. Internet browser is a guaranteed reboot needed. Any and all games constant lag ranging from the noticeable slow down of game to full on freeze spikes that only affect visuals leading to auto game over regularly.

Should be 1 or 2 bosses left for my blind run... hoping i clear it by December 1st or sooner or shelving roawz for awhile to get a new ps3 from sony courtesy of their warranty. And figure out how best buys warranty works as my tvs got its share of problems thanks to sonys incompetent' repairs' and hard freezes huge blasts of sound etc. Speakers and screen issues. Both problems started after my 'bad luck' spurt early this year.

Forced_Fruition
5 years ago#16
Do the str up, hp up, etc carry over between playthroughs ? If so may start stocking those as well,

Does not getting the 'true ending' hurt the new game plus?

didn't even notice these questions.

Between same or lower difficulties I'm pretty sure they do but not if you go higher.

It doesn't hurt, save for the fact that your transferring less because you have less. If you go to extra you'll basically keep title and skill exchange progress, along with the PP/Money/EP

Wish they gave a more in-depth enhance/smithing tutorial or at least gave a better layout to the item lists i.e. iron bangle breaks down into iron circle or such info. Very very unfriendly in that regards. Didnt figure out how to get the active slot items until i was already in scarred mountains :-\

You can see that info though, press R2 (I think) in the smith while on top of the item you want to see, before pressing X to enhance of Create it.

Also anything you need to convert for an item will come from an item higher on the list of stuff you can create, and the item you convert that into will be for something below it on the smith screen. As far as I know nothing will violate this rule. Few items (if any?) require items from a different tab, like needing to convert an armor to make a sword.

Wolf_Lorius
5 years ago#17
Thanks a ton.

If normals a 5/10 difficulty where would hard/extra mode be for the basic story?

Im lost between starting a fresh save for the dlc stuff from start on hard /extra or just keeping the currencies /maybe titles and shops as im pretty low on all but gold and some tp overall .

Prolly gonna run this into my occasional play list to keep from being frustrated

Forced_Fruition
5 years ago#18
If your gonna play extra and decide not accept title rewards at all until you re-complete them and don't buy skills at all, and don't use any non level points, and don't buy anything you can't make equipment wise (I have done this, it requires annoying amounts of record keeping and manually synthesizing skills you could just buy) it'd go to 7/10.

That said it's impossible to pick and choose what you carry over

I suggest that you disregard the DLC because after you play normal you have the knowledge base that you don't need the DLC and it in fact still totally breaks the game. You'll eventually get most of the free stuff anyway, maybe even all of it.

Carrying over your bonus points for your final save is wisest so when you finally do decide on your final 6 you can make them stupid powerful in the post game.

Another thing if your looking for slight challenge levels in extra but nothing insane play digest as it unlocks with the restrictions I listed and you'll get a better power creep than just grinding on auto for hours. Alternatively just play it for the points for post game.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

PP Point Farming ? Build2 Answers
New Game+? General1 Answer
Unlocks require DLC? General1 Answer
How can i raise affection? Build1 Answer
True End - Affection? General1 Answer