• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
  3. Is Byrne The Son Of Ganondorf?

User Info: YeehawByrne

YeehawByrne
11 months ago#1
I believe Byrne is part Gerudo. Not just a Lokomo.

This belief originated through his eyes, those golden, amber eyes. The only two races I know of that are capable of having amber eyes are the Gerudo or the Rito, and so far he does not look like a bird, so I've stuck with Gerudo. Right now a lot of people would probably be arguing that thought, as they'd be immediately counting in other physical and genetic factors such as, "Where's his red hair? His tan skin?" Now, I said part Gerudo. Not full.

You see, the events of Spirit Tracks takes place 100 years after Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass, but what about before that when the land was first founded? And even before that? The Lokomo live for a very long time, and possibly the youth take a long time to grow as well, and the Gerudo (if we imagine this race of Lokomo being alive during the events of Ocarina of Time as well, and some time after) have been around for awhile too, maybe not as long of a life span, but they've been desert dwellers for awhile. PLUS, the ocean realm wasn't always like the way that it is. The ocean in Spirit Tracks comes from the flooding of Hyrule as well, so this means land still would've been around (as for the various islands in the ocean realm... strange landforms).

Ganondorf in Wind Waker seems older, wiser, and has dropped such malicious intentions. In the beginning of Wind Waker, our first sighting of a monster was the Helmarok King, carrying Tetra. Quill explained that Ganondorf had been collecting young girls with pointed ears, but surely he didn't find them instantly. It may have taken a few days to find them, and Ganondorf may have came back a few weeks even before he actually made himself known... but going all the way back to Ocarina of Time... Wind Waker Ganon didn't actually exist, just what appeared to be a beast, perhaps his hatred, which caused the flooding of Hyrule. Keep in mind, Wind Waker happened only 100 years prior to Spirit Tracks, and since the Lokomo age very slowly, Byrne would've still been an adult as Anjean mentioned it had been a century since she'd seen her apprentice... which brings me to the idea, that Ocarina of Time Ganondorf, is his father... "I am your father." "NO!"

Ganondorf was about a middle aged adult when we first saw him, if not a little older, so what was he doing before then besides being the King of the Gerudo? People keep secrets, there are things people don't ever want to have let out that very few to no people know about them, and perhaps his pieces of his travels were one of them.

Considering Hyrule stopped trade between the two kingdoms-shall-I-say, what would they have to feed their warriors during their war. Battles don't last forever, as people do need to stock up, take breaks, and in that time while Ganondorf wasn't leading his people into battle, being the man he would volunteer to travel for his women. In doing so, he'd have to travel outside of Hyrule to get whatever was needed since Hyrule cut ties with the Gerudo, leaving them with no lasting supplies.

During his travels, he may have came across the Land of The Spirits in its early days, when more Lokomo populated it before its "Eternal War" (which in turn destroyed almost everything). Perhaps he figured out their near immortality, and either really did fall in love with a woman (whom would need pale skin and dark hair) only to leave her for his battles and never return, or decided to use one of them for that life span and power they had born in them, hoping to get an heir that could carry on his drive for power and let the malicious works continue after his death (or simply get an heir that would live for a long time, hopefully to become a long lasting king or queen).

It would make sense, as children often instinctively have some sort of behavioral trait as one of the parents, whether their around or not (most of his phenotypes (physical traits) would come from his mother). This behavioral trait could either be dominant or recessive, and in Byrne's case it seemed rather dominant. It also makes sense that he was rejected by the Spirits Of Good later on when he asked for their blessing of becoming a true Lokomo (or so I assume). Since he really wasn't a true Lokomo, he couldn't be one, and if the Spirits Of Good sensed that trait of malicious intent which only needed a spark of flame before the bomb would go off, then in their "minds" he really wouldn't be good.

Although Byrne was capable of good deeds, as witnessed at the end of the game, they didn't see it in him, causing him to be angry at them after doing all that work to prove his worth and leave to go find a "higher" power.

All he wanted was to be equal with the rest of his people, have the same power they had, and thus he was willing to work every bone in his body to achieve that, only in the end to have it fail... he knew from the start of his existence something was wrong but he couldn't put a finger on it, asking the chief for help. Anjean saw it in him, had no good hopes for him, but was willing to do her best. She pushed him, and seeing that the power of the Lokomo was not truly in him, she found him disappointing, though knew she couldn't give up. She knew the results would be disappointing to him—and they were... complete rejection.

At some point, the war would've came, and in the Hyrule Historia it stated he was a Lokomo Warrior, which to me says he most likely fought in the war. If he had unlocked his spirit power, born from the soul and in his case violet colored, it still wasn't enough for him, or perhaps wasn't as much power as what the rest of his people had. There would have been a recovery time from the Eternal War after it before anyone found the land to be green and lush (with literally no one on it), so I assume in that time frame Byrne worked further for Anjean, tried to get blessed, and it failed causing him to leave just before all the flooding and voyaging happened. I mean, if I nearly sacrificed myself to save some land that I either loved or not in hopes to gain something and got nothing for it, I'd be pissed too. But, Byrne got angry, left, and survived for awhile alone before he ran into a little demon know as Cole, who agreed to help Byrne in turn for resurrecting Malladus.

With their plan a success so far in stealing the Princess, he later finds he was being used, probably feeling that same feeling he did with the Spirits, but in a more sorrowful way (Poor Byrne, nobody loves him). After seeing the truth and the better side of things and how violence is not the answer at the moment, he decided to help Zelda.

When he offered to accompany them in getting her body back, being rejected (AGAIN) by the princess, he felt he had to do something to make up for his actions... and so he did, and it brought his demise. He saved the Princess, and paid for it. He probably saw it coming, with his small chuckle to them just before his death, looking down upon them. It was probably the most meaningful thing he had ever done, and was actually okay to die like that, knowing he'd finally done something good, and let the Princess, Zelda, the most important person in this whole game, live on and stop Malladus like everyone would've wanted.

Byrne, our part Gerudo-part Lokomo, started it all, started all of Spirit Tracks, and was happy to end it as well.

Good god, the plot twists in this game... *sigh*

Summary: Basically, his black hair and pale skin must've came from his Lokomo parent, and his eyes, height, behavior, and seemingly well-built muscle (there's genes for that too, ya know. How easily you build them, if they even show through, if you have good metabolism) must've came from his Gerudo parent (assumed as Ganondorf).

What do you think?

User Info: Scraps

Scraps
11 months ago#2
...I don't mean to sound dismissive or rude, but you're saying you've based this entire theory on the fact that Byrne is ambitious, muscular, and has yellow eyes?

I'm not about to say that it's impossible. But the odds are so unlikely and the basis such a leap to make that I'm not comfortable considering it. We could just as easily assume that it's normal for Lokomo to have yellow eyes or that Byrne's became that color due to him dabbling in dark magic or something. I don't think we need to draw a line connecting him to Ganondorf or anyone else.
Peace and crackers!
(edited 11 months ago)

User Info: Scraps

Scraps
11 months ago#3
YeehawByrne posted...
It would make sense, as children often instinctively have some sort of behavioral trait as one of the parents, whether their around or not (most of his phenotypes (physical traits) would come from his mother). This behavioral trait could either be dominant or recessive, and in Byrne's case it seemed rather dominant.
Also, I find this entire statement rife with unfortunate implications. Just because your parent was an evil person or did evil things does not mean you are also inherently predisposed to become or do evil. While your genes can possibly have an effect on how you behave, it's not 1:1 like you're making it sound; you aren't locked into acting a certain way based on your genetic makeup, and there isn't a dominant or recessive gene that directly correlates to "evil" or even "ambition". It's a lot more complicated than that, and it's very shortsighted of you to suggest otherwise.
Peace and crackers!
(edited 11 months ago)

User Info: YeehawByrne

YeehawByrne
10 months ago#4

Scraps posted...
Also, I find this entire statement rife with unfortunate implications. Just because your parent was an evil person or did evil things does not mean you are also inherently predisposed to become or do evil. While your genes can possibly have an effect on how you behave, it's not 1:1 like you're making it sound; you aren't locked into acting a certain way based on your genetic makeup, and there isn't a dominant or recessive gene that directly correlates to "evil" or even "ambition". It's a lot more complicated than that, and it's very shortsighted of you to suggest otherwise.
Did I ever say it was fact? Theories are meant to be broken. Yes, it is unlikely, and consider me a foolish person, but unserious theorists 1) shouldn’t be taken serious and 2) are generally just having fun with ideas (that’s my case anyways).

Curiosity does kill cats, but it hasn’t killed me yet. So, for the rest of my life I will continue to be wrong until I find a right answer, to anything.

He could be complete Lokomo, as amber eyes can occur in almost anyone even though rare. Although the Gerudo are the most common to have golden eyes, few Hylians could have them too. And if Hylians could have them, the Lokomo could as well. It’s an unstable case for every being in Hyrule, as they don’t exist.

I still, however, stand by my “theory” of child behavior. While we may grow up to be completely different people, some (not all) children act like their parent(s) at first. I acted much like my own mother when she was small, and my younger cousin acts just like my aunt when she was young. Again, I didn’t say all, just some. All that reasoning is based on personal story and observation. Byrne was probably a good kid, and there are many possible reasons why he could desire power. I desire power and authority simply to feel important, to be enough for my people, even if it’s not necessary. Don’t where the horrible thought comes from, but it’s there. So it could just be a part of him. I mean it is, though temporary.

But, I wish not to dwell on this childish topic of stupid assumption much longer. I’m surprised it even got looked at to be honest... heh, probably only got looked at for such ridiculousness lol.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
  3. Is Byrne The Son Of Ganondorf?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A