• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
  3. What? All this for an ALCHEMY STONE?

User Info: Mildare

Mildare
9 years ago#1
I'm talking, of course, about the sidequest with the fence.

You have to get the freight car, get the worker, get the lumber and go to the station, clear a rather hard dungeon... all for an ALCHEMY STONE?

I mean, don't get me wrong, the sidequest was fun.- They could've offered nothing and I still would've done it. Like the Special Edition sidequests in Assassin's Creed II. However, Alchemy Stones are worthless, I was at least expecting a Piece of Heart. Alchemy Stones can be earned in the daily lottery.

This officially gets the worst sidequest prize ever award.

User Info: Mariofan15

Mariofan15
9 years ago#2
Not really.Getting one from that sidequest is quite helpful if your trying to get the complete golden train set.
Pokemon Platinum FC:1076-0489-5022
Naruto shippuden:Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 FC:2278-6874-9065

User Info: Yizelin

Yizelin
9 years ago#3
To be fair, since there are only full heart containers available the scope of the sidequest does not warrant one :x So gaining one of the most expensive train pieces is probably the best they could do.

Mildare
9 years ago#4
Well, if they gave you the actual train piece It'd be good, but they don't. I mean, you still have to wait till it's available and get other materials.

Still, Alchemy Stones are not rare. I'd have taken 12 stone fossils instead (Where do you get those, anyway?

User Info: the_rowan

the_rowan
9 years ago#5
Wait until you get the prize for completing a passenger transport quest that unlocks the hardest delivery quest in the game which involves beating an optional boss on the train and then completing an entire optional mini-dungeon with like 6 floors and invincible enemies.

Or the prize for completing the third level of the castle town minigame.

Seriously, this game probably has the most bizarre reward distribution ever. You end up having to intentionally do bad on minigames to get fossils/dragon scales/pearl necklaces yet end up with half a dozen each of Alchemy Stones and Regal Rings and can easily win more from minigames.

Also, heart containers are for most of the easy quests, yet the hard quests don't even give unique items. I don't think there's actually a single instance where you get a heart container at the end of a long quest except for one optional station which gives one... but it's for the second-hardest challenge there with the hardest one giving another treasure.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the optional stations, but the prizes are completely backwards regarding effort vs reward.
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia

Mildare
9 years ago#6

Wait until you get the prize for completing a passenger transport quest that unlocks the hardest delivery quest in the game which involves beating an optional boss on the train and then completing an entire optional mini-dungeon with like 6 floors and invincible enemies.

Or the prize for completing the third level of the castle town minigame.

Seriously, this game probably has the most bizarre reward distribution ever. You end up having to intentionally do bad on minigames to get fossils/dragon scales/pearl necklaces yet end up with half a dozen each of Alchemy Stones and Regal Rings and can easily win more from minigames.

Also, heart containers are for most of the easy quests, yet the hard quests don't even give unique items. I don't think there's actually a single instance where you get a heart container at the end of a long quest except for one optional station which gives one... but it's for the second-hardest challenge there with the hardest one giving another treasure.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the optional stations, but the prizes are completely backwards regarding effort vs reward.

Well, at least I'm excited about the 6 floor dungeon now :P

I just hope it's not another Alchemy Stone. I just can't figure out where to get the fossils, though! I've got 3, and I really want the Dragon stuff. In the sword minigame, I jusst get necklaces for less than 125 hits. ShouldI try the swinging minigame? I've only got stalfos skulls anf pirate necklaces so far.

User Info: 1shadetail1

1shadetail1
9 years ago#7
If you sold 12 Demon Fossils, you would get 600 rupees. If you sell a single Alchemy Stone, you would get 2500 rupees. So why would you ever want the Fossils over the Stone?

If you are so desperate for some Demon Fossils, use the Fan to blow away the piles of leaves in Wittleton. You'll find lots of minor treasures that way.
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.

User Info: Mariofan15

Mariofan15
9 years ago#8
Yeah.But finding the Demon fossils is pretty much luck based.I only found three myself from doing that.I also found two star treasures too.I think it depends on what game it is.The rarity of treasure like the Demon fossils can be common in one game but be rare in another.
Pokemon Platinum FC:1076-0489-5022
Naruto shippuden:Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 FC:2278-6874-9065

User Info: Natwaf_akidna

Natwaf_akidna
9 years ago#9
For train parts that need demon fossils of course.

How many Alchemy Stones do you need in all, anyway? 2?
My WA2 screenshot gallery (unfortunately, on indefinite hiatus >_>)
http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f345/Mr_Plue/Wild%20Arms%202%20Gallery/

User Info: geodukemon

geodukemon
9 years ago#10
I want rocket boosters for my train. :P
How come things that are delivered by boat are called "cargo" and things delivered by car are called "shipment?"
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
  3. What? All this for an ALCHEMY STONE?
  • Topic Archived