• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sword of Moonlight: King's Field Making Tool
  3. Som is fully compatible w/ Windows Vista/7 and hardware acceleration now
arcnet 10 years ago#1
FYI: For a while now Sword of Moonlight has been notorious for not working with Windows Vista or modern display drivers, or any drivers with hardware acceleration enabled, or XP SP3. Well, that's no longer the case if you're willing to take advantage of opensource software developed over the course of the last few years specifically for Som.

First of all, everything should just work at this point. But there are only a couple people (including myself) that I know of who're remotely serious about making Som any better than it is, or saving it from becoming completely incompatible with new versions of Windows etc.

It's still too soon to hoist Som upon an unsuspecting non-KING'S FIELD inclined audience. However everything is now fairly accessible, and automatic from the end user pov, and what is really needed is people willing to sit down and test new Som software which might have bugs for some people's setups, and help troubleshoot those bugs when we find them.

If you websearch "swordofmoonlight" or "Sword of Moonlight" you will find the website were these efforts are underway if you think you can help.

PS: Before I began work on the tools earlier this year, I worked exclusively and extensively on the final games produced by Som, because what good are tools, if they can't produce a presentable game? Anyway, the games themselves are visually up to the standards of a modern video game, in terms of what data you put in and what you get out. They are bug free. And feel professional. The games are also fully internationalized. And localization can be done collaboratively via a wiki-like website.

I personally believe KING'S FIELD 2 is the best game of all time, virtually all contemporary games are totally flimsy/disposable, and I want the whole world to start over with games and try to get things right this time around. Come join me when you're ready. Either way, please spread the word.
Remember, this is Gamefaqs:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/661226-pokemon-black-version-2/64668593
  1. Boards
  2. Sword of Moonlight: King's Field Making Tool
  3. Som is fully compatible w/ Windows Vista/7 and hardware acceleration now
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A