• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection
  3. Farsight has a new website for their upcoming game

User Info: rserocki

rserocki
8 years ago#1
Here it is: http://www.pinballarcade.com/

Manufacturers listed:
Bally
Stern
Williams
Gottlieb

DLC content

They do indicate they will have Theatre of Magic and Ripley's Believe it Or Not.

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
7 years ago#2
So psyched for this. I want Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure and Fish Tales, both from Williams.

It will have online and DLC support so hopefully more people would look into this. It seems Zen Pinball is getting too much praise these days and this game may knock it off the throne. Pinball Hall of Fame Collections are so under-appreciated compared to Zen, and they're much better too. My opinion of course. The fact Pinball Arcade will have actual table reproductions and many different companies to boot will make people notice!
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
Yes, I -am- a girl gamer.

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
7 years ago#3
Well this board is dead.

Pinball gets no respect.
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
Yes, I -am- a girl gamer.

rserocki
7 years ago#4
The Xbox360 board is slightly more active. Maybe the board for the new game will have a more prolonged lifespan what with the continual DLC available. I *think* the idea is to release two DLC pinball sims a month. One of the sims that is planned for eventual release is Cirqus Voltaire.

User Info: thecatsix

thecatsix
7 years ago#5
I'd like to see Terminator.

And also the Adam's Family cause whenever I played that one in the arcade it was always Busted.

Oh oh....Cactus Jack's! That was the only pinball game I owned. Earned like 21 balls on one quarter...my awesome night on that machine only ended from them cutting the power cause the place closed for the night. :(

The ramps on CJ'S were absolutely hilarious with YEEEEHA YEEEHA and WAHOOooo Brother Dee.
Sniper's in Position! -Hitman Contracts

User Info: Flynn_Arrowstar

Flynn_Arrowstar
7 years ago#6
Definitely looking forward to this. Stern has some excellent tables, as does Bally/Midway. It will also be nice to have HD versions of the Gottlieb tables (I can do without Victory, though, heh). I can see more of my money sinking into this than Marvel and Zen Pinball combined.

Flynn
Violence is rarely the answer,
but it sure is fun! =)

User Info: arstos

arstos
7 years ago#7
god i can't wait for this, i have the gottleib and williams collections for my psp, and just bought williams for ps3 (those extra tables are nice). can't wait for this to come out. so many tables i want to be in this collection. i really wish more of the gaming community still enjoyed pinball
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, Hard Corps, Moon Diver, X-Men Arcade, Castle Crashers, Unreal Tournament III. feel free to add me.

rserocki
7 years ago#8
Farsight Studios released a new youtube video previewing the new game at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtQa-ONdz9I

They show clips of all four pinballs being played. Having already played simulations of Black Hole and Tales of the Arabian Nights, those were not that interesting (although I did like seeing the new physics in Black Hole). But they also have clips of Ripley's Believe it Or Not and Theatre of Magic.

User Info: OldGeezer99

OldGeezer99
7 years ago#9

this game is outstanding, a lot better than the other pinball games... would be great to see a "Version 2" with new tables ... i like elvira, star wars, a bunch of new ones

rserocki
7 years ago#10
Release date update:

copied and pasted off their facebook page:

"We really appreciate all of the support and comments that you guys have given our posts during these 12 days of updates, news, and videos! We are working hard to release the game as soon as we can so that you can experience it. In order for our game to be seen (and in our opinion be successful) we also need the support of Apple, Google, Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo. These companies have respon...ded very well to our game – which is great! But we have to fit our launches into their schedules to get the support that we need. As of today, we are still projecting a launch on iOS and Android later this month and confident that we’ll hit it. We are doing our best to be a launch title for PS Vita in February, and the Mac version will also release then. The 360, PS3, and PC versions will be released at the end of March. We’ll use this extra time to improve the game and address as many of the comments that you’ve given us as we can. Please help spread the word about the game if you like what you’ve seen. For The Pinball Arcade to be successful and continue delivering tables for years to come, we’re going to need a lot of help getting people to notice us. In the meantime, we’ll be looking into limited beta releases soon on mobile devices, so check back on our Facebook page for details!"

In case you're wondering about prices, they said on the 25th:
"Merry Christmas!! and Happy Holidays to Everyone!!!

Each month, The Pinball Arcade will feature one game as The Table of the Month. At launch, this table will be Tales of the Arabian Nights. The Table of the Month on most platforms will cost 99 cents. [We’d prefer to offer it for 99 cents on all platforms, but there are some console restrictions we may have to abide by that would restrict this pricing model]. After each month is over, the Table of the Month will go back to it's regular price which will typically range between $1.99 and $2.99 (with $3.99 currently planned for tables with expensive ancillary licenses)."
  1. Boards
  2. Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection
  3. Farsight has a new website for their upcoming game
  • Topic Archived