• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection
  3. Just got this, alittle disappointed.

User Info: HunteristheGame

HunteristheGame
9 years ago#1
I love pinball, played them a ton when I was younger when arcades still existed...lol. Anyhow I had been wanting to get this for some time since I remember playing several of these in the arcades (Black Knight one of my favs). But I am a little disappointed in the graphics and camera angles.
The graphics are somewhat cartoony and if people don't agree they need to go download or buy Microsoft: Pinball Arcade on PC and see what I mean. That game is well over 10 years old and the tables in that game look AMAZING. Also the camera angle from MPA is one set angle and not the "follow the ball" angle this game has. The wierd angles this game has makes it difficult at times to keep the ball in play as the ball will be moving too fast to track when the camera zooms back out to a more full look.
I still like this game a lot but was slightly let down.
I will recommend anyone that loves pinball to look for Microsoft Pinball Arcade it is worth it. And since it is a PC game and requires no CD once on your PC you can probably find it free.

User Info: rserocki

rserocki
9 years ago#2
About the camera issue, I don't know if this would suit you but I think there's an option for changing the view to full view so the playing fields are full all the time and the camera is static.

User Info: HunteristheGame

HunteristheGame
9 years ago#3
Yeah the more I play the more I get used to it. Only every once in awhile do I get a moment where the ball is too fast for the camera to track back down and I lose the ball. Graphics are still "so so" but I'm still enjoying the game a lot. Hell I only payed $11 for it so well worth it.
  1. Boards
  2. Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection
  3. Just got this, alittle disappointed.
  • Topic Archived